This chia almond granola is crispy and crunchy with just the right amount of sweetness. Toss everything in the food processor and you’ll have granola in the oven in just a few minutes!
This chia almond granola is easy to make but it’s SO delicious. It’s delicious on top of a yogurt bowl, with chocolate as granola bark, or enjoyed by the handful! You can make it quickly by using a food processor. This helps create a crunchy granola by chopping everything into smaller pieces.
Once you have everything in the food processor, you just pulse it a few times. The coconut oil and maple syrup help create little clumps as the granola bakes, so you end up with a crispy, crunchy granola!
Tips for Perfect Granola
- Keep a close eye on the oven temperature. This granola cooks at a low temperature so it gets crispy without getting burnt.
- Stir the granola halfway through cooking, to ensure it cooks evenly.
- If you’re using roasted almonds, add salt to taste, as you may not need as much salt.
- To ensure this granola is gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free oats. Many brands are certified gluten-free, but if you have an allergy, make sure you double-check!
- You can replace the maple syrup with honey or agave if needed.
- Feel free to substitute walnuts or pecans in place of the almonds.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Add the almonds to a food processor and pulse 10-15 times until roughly chopped.
- Add the oats, coconut flakes, coconut sugar, chia seeds, and salt.
- Pulse 8-10 times until combined.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil and combine with the maple syrup.
- Drizzle the coconut oil mixture over the oat mixture then pulse 4-5 times until combined.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray or line with parchment paper, then spread out the granola across the tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until it starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. The granola will get crunchy as it cools.
Keywords: chia granola
Looking for other granola recipes? Here are a few of my favorites!