Chia Almond Granola
This chia almond granola is crispy and crunchy with just the right amount of sweetness. Toss everything in the food processor and you’ll have granola in the oven in just a few minutes!
This chia almond granola is easy to make but it’s SO delicious. It’s delicious on top of a yogurt bowl, with chocolate as granola bark, or enjoyed by the handful! You can make it quickly by using a food processor. This helps create a crunchy granola by chopping everything into smaller pieces.
Once you have everything in the food processor, you just pulse it a few times. The coconut oil and maple syrup help create little clumps as the granola bakes, so you end up with a crispy, crunchy granola!
Tips for Perfect Granola
- Keep a close eye on the oven temperature. This granola cooks at a low temperature so it gets crispy without getting burnt.
- Stir the granola halfway through cooking, to ensure it cooks evenly.
- If you’re using roasted almonds, add salt to taste, as you may not need as much salt.
- To ensure this granola is gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free oats. Many brands are certified gluten-free, but if you have an allergy, make sure you double-check!
- You can replace the maple syrup with honey or agave if needed.
- Feel free to substitute walnuts or pecans in place of the almonds.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Add the almonds to a food processor and pulse 10-15 times until roughly chopped.
- Add the oats, coconut flakes, coconut sugar, chia seeds, and salt.
- Pulse 8-10 times until combined.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil and combine with the maple syrup.
- Drizzle the coconut oil mixture over the oat mixture then pulse 4-5 times until combined.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray or line with parchment paper, then spread out the granola across the tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until it starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. The granola will get crunchy as it cools.
Keywords: chia granola
Looking for other granola recipes? Here are a few of my favorites!