This chocolate almond granola is delicious on top of yogurt or eaten by the handful. Try a scoop of this deliciously crunchy granola when you need a healthy snack!
Goodness, it’s been a bit of a stressful week. I think it would have been fine under normal circumstances, but after hours work events, packing up my room for a partial move, and a lengthy wedding to-do list, all combined with a lingering head cold… I was on the edge.
Luckily, my friends Lindsay and Kate were on board with a wine night and I made granola while we chatted. This is honestly, probably the most soothing activity I could think of (although filling up box after box for Goodwill didn’t hurt either…) This granola is super simple and you don’t need to add any oil since the peanut butter provides a bit of healthy fat. The recipe is easy enough, you could make it while chatting with your friends. I promise.
Chocolate Almond Granola
This chocolate almond granola is simple to make, low in sugar and low in fat.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, sliced almonds, peanut butter, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Be sure that the maple syrup gets well distributed over the oats.
- Scoop onto a large cookie sheet or a 9 X 13 pan. Do not spread into a thin layer. Leave it about 1″ thick.
- Bake at 300 for 10 minutes, then stir and continue to bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the chocolate chip as soon as you remove it from the oven.
- Let cool, and eat! You can store it in an airtight container for a week or two.
This chocolate almond granola was definitely just what I needed.
Try this granola on top of these frozen yogurt bites!