This chocolate almond granola is delicious on top of yogurt or eaten by the handful. Try a scoop of this deliciously crunchy granola when you need a tasty snack!
Granola is one of my favorite snacks and I love being able to customize it depending on what I’m craving. I was thinking about making this chia almond granola but I decided I needed something chocolatey. This granola has plenty of chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth but it’s still made with healthy ingredients like whole grain oats and chia seeds!
Follow these tips for perfect chocolate almond granola
- Melting the peanut butter and sweetener in the microwave makes it easier to combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Keep a close eye on the oven temperature. This granola cooks at a low temperature so it gets crispy without getting burnt.
- Stir the granola halfway through cooking, to ensure it cooks evenly.
- If you’re using salted peanut butter, add salt to taste, as you may not need as much salt.
- Don’t add the chocolate until you remove the granola from the oven. It will melt slightly on the warm granola, without getting burned.
This chocolate almond granola is sweet and crunchy with plenty of clusters! Try this as a snack or sprinkle it on top of a bowl of yogurt!
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add the maple syrup or honey and peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 15-20 seconds until the peanut butter is slightly melted. Stir until the peanut butter and maple syrup or honey are completely combined.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, sliced almonds, and salt.
- Scoop onto a large cookie sheet or a 9 X 13 pan. Do not spread into a thin layer. Leave it about 1″ thick.
- Bake at 300 for 10 minutes, then stir and continue to bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle in the chocolate chips.
- Let cool, and eat! You can store it in an airtight container for a week or two.
You can gently stir the chocolate chips after adding them, to mix the chocolate into the granola, or you can leave them in separately chunks.
Keywords: chocolate almond granola
3 ways to use chocolate almond granola
- Add it on top of these frozen yogurt bites!
- Try it on a tasty yogurt bowl recipe.
- Sprinkle it onto chocolate granola bark!
Looking for more granola recipes? Try one of these!