Chocolate Almond Granola
This oil free chocolate almond granola is delicious on top of yogurt or eaten by the handful. Try a scoop of this deliciously crunchy granola when you need a tasty snack!
Granola is one of my favorite snacks and I love being able to customize it depending on what I’m craving. I was thinking about making this chia almond granola but I decided I needed something chocolatey. This granola has plenty of chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth but it’s still made with healthy ingredients like whole grain oats and chia seeds!
Chocolate Almond Granola Ingredients
- Maple Syrup or Honey- I like honey best, but if you wanted to keep this granola vegan, use maple syrup instead.
- Peanut Butter– Peanut butter helps make the granola clumpy. You can substitute almond butter, if you like.
- Oats– Rolled oats are best for this recipe. Do not use instant oats.
- Chia Seeds– Chia seeds help create clumps of granola. They also add healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
- Sliced Almonds– I like to use sliced almonds which get deliciously crunchy. If you’re using whole almonds, be sure to chop them before adding to the granola.
- Salt– A little salt enhances the sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips– These are a must for chocolate granola! Be sure to use dairy free chips if you wanted to keep this recipe vegan.
This recipe is made without any oil or butter! The peanut butter adds a little healthy fat to help create delicious clusters, but you don’t need any additional oil!
Tips for Baking Pefect Granola
- Melting the peanut butter and sweetener in the microwave makes it easier to combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Keep a close eye on the oven temperature. This granola cooks at a low temperature so it gets crispy without getting burnt.
- Stir the granola halfway through cooking, to ensure it cooks evenly.
- If you’re using salted peanut butter, add salt to taste, as you may not need as much salt.
- Don’t add the chocolate until you remove the granola from the oven. It will melt slightly on the warm granola, without getting burned.
Is Granola Healthy?
You may be wondering, “Is granola healthy?” The short answer is, it can be. But oftentimes, store-bought granola is loaded with oil and sugar. This granola is made without any oil or butter. Instead, it uses peanut butter for a healthy fat that helps create clusters of granola. While this granola is certainly sweet (it is chocolate granola after all) it’s sweetened with honey or maple syrup and it uses just enough to give this granola a sweet taste, without adding too much sugar. I like pairing granola with plain Greek yogurt, which has a lot of protein and helps balance out the sugar from the granola.
How to Store Granola
Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature. Keep in mind that this granola contains chocolate chips so if you take it on the go, beware of it melting in hot temperatures! I do not recommend storing this granola in the fridge.
If you want to mix up this recipe, here are a few additional ingredients you could add:
- Dried fruit– Dried fruit like cherries or raisins would be delicious! Just wait until the granola comes out of the oven to add the fruit pieces.
- Coconut– You could add unsweetened coconut slices to this granola. Just be sure to coat it with the honey and peanut butter, so it doesn’t burn in the oven!
- Hemp seeds– Stir in hemp seeds for a little more protein!
- Cocoa powder- To make this granola extra chocolatey, stir in a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the honey and peanut butter mixture. It’ll make the granola extra rich!
Ways to Use Granola
- Add it on top of these frozen yogurt bites!
- Try it on a tasty yogurt bowl recipe.
- Sprinkle it onto chocolate granola bark!
- Use it as a topping for this chocolate almond smoothie bowl.
Looking for more granola ideas? For a unique twist on a classic snack, try my savory granola! Or switch things up with my grain free granola.Print
Chocolate Almond Granola
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Diet: Vegetarian
This chocolate almond granola is sweet and crunchy with plenty of clusters! Try this as a snack or sprinkle it on top of a bowl of yogurt!
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add the maple syrup or honey and peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 15-20 seconds until the peanut butter is slightly melted. Stir until the peanut butter and maple syrup or honey are completely combined.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, sliced almonds, and salt.
- Scoop onto a large cookie sheet or a 9 X 13 pan. Do not spread into a thin layer. Leave it about 1″ thick.
- Bake at 300 for 10 minutes, then stir and continue to bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle in the chocolate chips.
- Let cool, and eat! You can store it in an airtight container for a week or two.
You can gently stir the chocolate chips after adding them, to mix the chocolate into the granola, or you can leave them in separately chunks.
Keywords: chocolate almond granola
I’m getting away soon for a week with girlfriends and looking forward to it so much. Wine and granola. Never thought of those together but sounds like a healthy evening to me!!!
Over time, your weight will drop, your energy levels will increase, and the mental
fog lifts ‘ you’ll feel 10 years younger and, you’ll be able to enjoy life more
completely. Provide a pain management program that includes physical
and psychological help. Then i would start with some squats
followed up with some leg extensions and then also some leg curls.
“Man ist ja so lange Außenseiter, bis die Leute einen als Idol anerkennen”,sagt Helge. Am besten schmeckt dieser Cabernet Sauvignon zu Gerichten Schuhe mit Hühnchen,stone island shadow project, Rind und Lamm. Auch einige europÃ¤ische Namen waren im Rennen um die US-Karten: So schaffte die FranzÃ¶sin Sophie Giquel ebenfalls die Karte (Rang 14), die australische Proette und Teilzeit-Model Anna Rawson – auch auf der LET zuhause – verpasste auf Platz 15 knapp die volle
Marketing Items- Increasing Your organization User profile Utilizing promotional items effectively can open numerous new marketing opportunities for your company,stone island outlet. Promotional products attract new clients in addition to reactivate original copies,stone island sweater. Name recognition is a vital factor in advertising,cheap stone island. A useful product with your company’s logo will keep which brand name recognition alive in the thoughts of potential customers,stone island t s
This sounds absolutely delicious! Definitely need to try it!
Oh boo! I hope your week gets better. Luckily it sounds like some great friend time helped some 🙂
Your friends sound amazing!!! This granola recipe sounds so good!
Busy busy busy aren’t we – it’s good to relax! Friends are definitely a great way to eliminate stress and ease the mind. The wine doesn’t hurt either! Happy Hump Day Liz -Iva