5 Minute Chocolate Granola Bark
This chocolate granola bark recipe is an easy dessert that you can make in just 5 minutes! With plenty of substitution options, you’ll be able to make this with the ingredients you already have in your pantry.
This Granola Bark is one of those recipes that’s so easy, I almost didn’t give it a blog post. But I’ve been making it pretty frequently, and it’s a delicious dessert. If you love sweet and salty combinations, this is for you! Also, you can make this dessert without having to heat up the oven or sweat over a stove, so it’s a great no-bake recipe.
Tips for making the perfect granola bark
- You can use any granola for this, but I don’t recommend using something with really large pieces. Toppings like whole almonds might not stick to the chocolate as well as smaller pieces do, so keep that in mind!
- You can also adjust the salt to your liking since it will depend on how salty your granola is. If your granola isn’t very salty, I like to add a pinch of sea salt on top.
- Make sure you store this granola bark in the fridge or freezer. It melts easily!
- Feel free to use any granola you like, but I recommend something that isn’t too clumpy. If your granola does have larger chunks, break them up into smaller pieces so they can stick to the chocolate.
- I like adding something salty, like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or shelled pistachios. It’s nice to have a salty ingredient to balance out the sweetness.
- I like adding coconut for a fun texture, but you can also try adding dried cranberries or dried cherries!
- If I’m making this for kids, I use semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you’re making it for adults, you could use a darker chocolate. I’ve used up to 70% cacao chocolate, and it’s delicious!
Tips for microwaving chocolate
- Cook the chocolate at 50% power and stir every 30 seconds. Chocolate can burn quickly and ruin the whole batch. I like to stir the chocolate with a small rubber spatula, so I can get the chocolate evenly mixed.
- If you don’t have a microwave, you can cook it using a double broiler method. To do this, fill a pot about 1/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and place a heat-safe bowl, on top of the pot. The bottom of the bowl should have at least 2-3″ of space between the bowl and the water. This will allow you to heat the bowl with steam and gently cook the chocolate.
This chocolate granola bark is a quick and easy vegan dessert!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup your favorite granola
- 2 tablespoons salted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pinch flaky sea salt
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl by cooking on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate chips onto a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the granola evenly across the chocolate.
- Top with seeds, coconut flakes, and salt.
- Gently press the toppings into the chocolate so they stick, then place it it in the fridge for 30 minutes or until set.
- Crack into bite size pieces and store in an airtight container in the refridgerator.
You can really use any kind of granola for this but I don’t recommend using something with large pieces. Toppings like whole almonds might not stick to the chocolate as well as smaller pieces do, so keep that in mind! You can also adjust the salt to your liking since it will depend on how salty your granola is.
Keywords: Chocolate bark
If you want to try this recipe with homemade granola, here are some recipe ideas to get you started!
Granola recipe ideas
Make sure you keep this in the freezer or refrigerator. It can melt rather quickly, so don’t leave it out in the sun! I love using dark chocolate chips for this, but if you’re more of a milk chocolate fan, that would be just fine! Make sure you’re using high-quality chocolate, though. It makes a difference!
What’s your favorite sweet + salty dessert combo?