This cauliflower tabbouleh recipe is a vegetable packed twist on traditional tabbouleh salad. It’s great if you’re looking for a lower carb or lower calorie option!
I tried a cauliflower tabbouleh from Whole Foods and it was so good that I just had to try making my own! All you need is a head of cauliflower, onion, tomato, parsley, mint, and a handful of pantry staples. It’s not hard at all!
To make this recipe even easier, you can use pre-made cauliflower rice. It’s often sold in the produce section near the pre-packaged vegetables.Print
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Start by chopping up the cauliflower, and dice the onion.
- Dump them both into a food processor and pulse until very fine.
- The finer you can get the cauliflower, the closer it will taste to bulgur.
- Add in the sliced tomatoes, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Add in your mint, parsley, salt and pepper.
I’m sorry I didn’t take a prettier picture. I kept meaning to get out my “real” camera, but then I’d get so distracted by eating…
It makes 5 large servings (about 1 1/2 cups). Each serving has ~100 calories, 5g fiber, and 4g protein! (And only 2 WWP+)
For the full nutritional info, click here!
I seriously can’t wait to make this again. I made it on Sunday and packed it as part of my lunch on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.