Slow Cooker Quinoa Chili
This slow cooker quinoa chili is loaded with beans, corn, and spices for an easy one-pot meal that only takes a few minutes to prepare! Simply add everything to your slow cooker and press start!
I have to admit, it took me a long time to really start using my slow cooker. It can be hard to find vegetarian slow cooker recipes and I found so many recipes that required cooking things on the stove first. But this deliciously simple slow cooker quinoa chili couldn’t be easier. Add everything to the slow cooker, hit start, and walk away!
What to Serve with Quinoa Chili
I love serving this dish with tortilla chips and my Mexican Street Corn Salad. It’s a great dip for chips! The creamy dip is the perfect balance to a spicy bowl of chili!
Slow Cooker Quinoa Chili Tips
- Be sure to rinse the quinoa before adding to the pot. Quinoa has an outer coating called saponin which can give off a bitter flavor. Rinsing helps remove that bitterness.
- I like using fire-roasted tomatoes and diced tomatoes with green chili for extra flavor, but you can use any diced tomatoes you have.
- If you like things spicy, feel free to add hot sauce right in the slow cooker! I usually save it as a topping for this recipe so it’s kid-friendly, but my husband and I love adding extra hot sauce!
The Best Quinoa Chili Toppings
Here are a few of my favorite toppings to add to your bowl of chili:
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Diced avocado
- Diced red onion
- Hot sauce
- Fresh cilantro
This slow cooker quinoa chili is loaded with beans, corn, and spicy tomatoes for an easy one-pot meal that only takes a few minutes to prepare! Simply add everything to your slow cooker and press start!
- 3 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 15oz can pinto beans
- 1 15oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups corn (frozen or canned is fine)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Add everything into a large slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker and divide into bowls. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Looking for more hearty chili recipes? Try one of these!
What’s your favorite chili topping?
This post was originally published in April 2015. Updated November 2020.