Avocolada Smoothie Recipe
This “Avocolada” smoothie is loaded with creamy avocado, sweet pineapple, and coconut water! It’s a delicious drink for breakfast or an afternoon snack!
If you’ve never tried adding avocado to a smoothie, this recipe will have you stocking up on avocados! It makes the smoothie super thick and creamy and adds lots of healthy fats to make it more satisfying and filling. The fruit adds lots of sweetness and the coconut water makes this recipe feel extra tropical! This recipe is similar to the Avocolada Smoothie at Tropical Smoothie, but now you can make it in your own kitchen!
Avocolada Smoothie Ingredients
- Avocado– This adds a creamy texture and lots of healthy fats to make this smoothie extra satisfying.
- Pineapple– I like using frozen pineapple for a thicker texture but fresh pineapple works fine too!
- Spinach– This adds vitamins and minerals and is also responsible for the gorgeous color!
- Coconut water– This adds sweetness and a subtle coconut flavor.
- Honey or Maple Syrup– You may want a little sweetener, depending on the sweetness of the pineapple. Add more or less to taste.
- Lime juice– A little lime juice brightens up the smoothie and adds a delicious tart flavor.
If you don’t have pineapple, try this with fresh or frozen mango instead! It’ll add plenty of sweetness and tropical flavor. If you don’t have coconut water, you can use coconut milk or even almond milk. Keep in mind that coconut water is sweetened so if you use milk instead, you may need to add a little more sweetener. If you don’t have lime juice, try a squeeze of lemon juice instead. It’ll add a similar tart flavor. No spinach? No problem. Try adding a few leaves of kale instead. Just be sure to remove the stems first.
The Best Protein Powder for Smoothies
This smoothie doesn’t have a lot of protein so if you wanted a more filling option, I’d recommend adding a scoop of protein powder. There are so many different protein powders out there, it can be hard to find one you like. I think whey protein, which is made from dairy, has the best creamy texture, but it doesn’t make my stomach feel great. These days, I try to stick to plant-based protein when possible and I love the Tone It Up protein from Target. You can use any protein powder you like, but I recommend sticking to a vanilla flavor for this recipe.
How to Make a Smoothie Extra Creamy
The avocado will make this smoothie taste extra creamy. If you want a thicker, spoonable texture, be sure to use frozen fruit. You can also reduce the amount of liquid if you want to make this smoothie even thicker. Check out these tips for making a super thick smoothie bowl. If you’re having trouble getting your smoothie to blend properly, read my tips for how to get the best results from your blender.
Can You Freeze Avocado?
Yes! To freeze avocado, slice in half and remove the pit, and scoop out the avocado halves. You can either freeze the halves or cut them into slices or chunks, then store them in a freezer bag or reusable silicone bag. Try to press out as much air as possible, then freeze. I recommend only using frozen avocado for smoothies or baking, as the texture won’t be the same for something like guacamole.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Creamy Green Smoothie
- Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Mango Citrus Smoothie Bowl
This “Avocolada” smoothie is loaded with creamy avocado, sweet pineapple, and coconut water! It’s a delicious drink for breakfast for an afternoon snack!
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Keywords: avocolada smoothie, avocado smoothie