You guys, I don’t know what happened. I swear I was trying to make breakfast. But after I flipped the switch on my Vitamix, this breakfast drink took a sharp turn to Dessertsville. Oops.
Luckily, it just tastes like dessert, but it’s still healthy enough for breakfast! And I’ve always been a fan of healthy desserts for breakfast. (Uh, have you tried this strawberry frozen yogurt yet?) Anyways, here’s the recipe!
This chocolate avocado smoothie is so rich and creamy, you won’t believe it’s healthy! But it’s packed with chocolate flavor and totally vegan.
- 1 small banana, ripe
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 handful of ice (about 6 large cubes)
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 heaping tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup (optional, depending on how sweet you like it.)
- Mini chocolate chips, granola, or coconut shreds for topping (optional)
- Peel the banana and the avocado and toss them in the blender.
- Add ice, almond milk, and cocoa powder and blend until smooth.
- Add sweetener, if desired.
- Add other toppings if you like!
Give it a taste and decide if you want a little sweetener in there or not. Depending on how ripe your banana was, you may need to add a bit of sweetness.
Keywords: Avocado Smoothie
This recipe is perfect for when you have half an avocado that is turning a bit brown. Even if it’s not beautiful, still tastes amazing! And isn’t it so sad letting any avocado pieces go to waste?! Don’t let that happen to you.
So let’s raise a chocolatey glass to the weekend! It has been one crazy-busy week and I am so glad that Friday has arrived! Virginia is bracing itself for a stormy weekend so if you’re enjoying sunny skies where you are, can you send over some sunshine? I’m forgetting what the sun looks like. Seriously. This weekend I plan on wrapping up in a blanket and reading a good book. Or maybe playing in the kitchen. Basically, anything that will keep me warm and dry during the storms!
Not ready to use up your avocado on your smoothie?
Then try this peach cobbler smoothie!