Avocado Orange Salad
I have a new favorite salad. That’s a big deal because when I have a salad I love, I tend to eat it over and over again. I went through a feta + balsamic phase, a kale + tahini phase… now I’m into avocado + orange.
Reasons why this salad is awesome:
- It’s naturally vegan + gluten free
- You only need 5 ingredients
- It’s so freaking delicious
Have I convinced you yet?Print
The creamy avocado and sweet orange slices give this spinach salad a wonderful flavor! It’s an easy weeknight side dish!
- 4 cups of mixed greens or spinach
- 1 avocado
- 1 navel orange
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash black pepper
- Segment the orange by slicing off the top, bottom, and peels.
- Over a bowl, cut into the orange on the lines of the membranes to remove the segments. Squeeze the remainder of the orange to get the rest of the juice.
- Reserve the juice for the dressing. (You’ll want to end up with at least 1 1/2 tablespoons of juice.)
- Whisk the olive oil with the orange juice and add in salt and pepper.
- Dice the avocado and add to the mixed greens.
- Top with orange segments and almond slices.
- Dress just before serving.
Keywords: Avocado Orange Salad
I’ve made this twice in the past week. I made it for Alex and I and I made it for my family when they came to visit. I just can’t get enough. Avocados already have a standard spot on the grocery list, but I think I’m going to be stocking up on oranges so I can make this salad whenever the craving strikes! I have a suspicion that it could work well with mandarin oranges as well, and that would make this come together even faster!
Are you all staying warm and cozy this week? I worked from home a couple of days this week thanks to the snowfall but I was definitely getting cabin fever on Wednesday night. It was nice to be able to stay home so I could shake off the last of my cold, but I missed being around people! Luckily, I’ve got plenty of social events planned for the weekend so I think I think the extrovert in me is going to be pretty happy.