The creamy avocado and sweet orange slices give this spinach salad a wonderful flavor! It’s an easy weeknight side dish!
- 4 cups of mixed greens or spinach
- 1 avocado
- 1 navel orange
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash black pepper
- Segment the orange by slicing off the top, bottom, and peels.
- Over a bowl, cut into the orange on the lines of the membranes to remove the segments. Squeeze the remainder of the orange to get the rest of the juice.
- Reserve the juice for the dressing. (You’ll want to end up with at least 1 1/2 tablespoons of juice.)
- Whisk the olive oil with the orange juice and add in salt and pepper.
- Dice the avocado and add to the mixed greens.
- Top with orange segments and almond slices.
- Dress just before serving.
Keywords: Avocado Orange Salad