5 Ingredient Peanut Sauce Recipe
This 5 ingredient peanut sauce recipe is creamy, spicy, and delicious! It only takes a few minutes to make and it’s perfect on everything from stir fry to salad!
I love making a stir-fry because it’s the perfect way to use up leftover vegetables. Sometimes I like to switch up my standard soy sauce seasoning with something a little spicier. And since I’m a peanut fanatic, this super easy spicy peanut sauce recipe is perfect.
I love making my own sauces because I know exactly what’s inside. No preservatives, no artificial flavorings, just the things I have in my pantry! And this one is made with things you probably already have!
How to Use Peanut Sauce
You can serve this peanut sauce on top of your favorite noodles (I recommend rice noodles) and you can also toss in your favorite veggies! I love bell peppers, broccoli, cabbage, and carrots! Feel free to use what you have in your fridge. It’s also a great dipping sauce for spring rolls. Or, use it as a sauce on top of tempeh!
Peanut Sauce Substitution Suggestions
- This recipe calls for soy sauce. If you’re gluten-free, try using liquid aminos or gluten-free tamari.
- If you want to make this recipe vegan, try using agave in place of the honey.
- You can add more or less crushed red pepper, depending on how spicy you like it!
How to Make a Peanut Sauce Stir Fry
To make a simple stir fry, soak rice noodles until soft. Add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the softened rice noodles and combine them with the peanut sauce. Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until the noodles and vegetables have softened.
This 5 ingredient peanut sauce recipe is creamy, spicy, and delicious! It only takes a few minutes to make and it’s delicious on everything from stir fry to salad!
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave, if vegan)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or tamari if you’re gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon red curry chili paste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Add more crushed red pepper if you like it spicy!
- You can use this on rice noodles, stir fry, salads, or spring rolls!
Use agave instead of honey, if vegan.
Keywords: 5 ingredient peanut sauce
How to Store Leftover Peanut Sauce
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. The sauce will thicken when chilled, so bring to room temperature or gently warm in the microwave for 5-10 seconds, to thin the consistency. This will make it easier to toss with noodles or vegetables.
Looking for other easy stir fry ideas? Try one of these healthy, vegan recipes!
What’s your favorite vegetable to use in a stir fry?