This blog post is sponsored by Path of Life Foods. As always, all opinions are my own!
If you love spicy food, this kimchi cauliflower rice is for you! It’s a veggie-packed dish loaded with flavor for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
This recipe comes together quickly thanks to Path of Life’s frozen (not so fried) Riced Cauliflower Blend. It’s a blend of riced cauliflower, red peppers, peas, and carrots. It cooks in about 6 minutes, and it’s the perfect base for this recipe! The other main ingredient is kimchi. This adds a lot of flavor to the recipe. Not familiar with kimchi? It’s not as crazy as it might sound!
What is Kimchi?
Kimchi is a traditional Korean dish made from a mix of fermented vegetables. It usually consists of salted napa cabbage, spices, and a few other vegetables like onions, carrots, and garlic.
What Does Kimchi Taste Like?
Kimchi can range from spicy to sour, depending on the type. I used kimchi that was pretty spicy, because I think that goes really well with this dish! Don’t hesitate to try a few different types until you find one you love!
Is Kimchi Good for You?
Yes! Kimchi is primarily made with vegetables, which means it’s high in fiber and nutrients but low in calories. It also has the same probiotic benefits as yogurt, thanks to the bacteria used in the fermentation. That means kimchi is good for your gut and digestive health!
Tips for Perfect Kimchi Cauliflower Rice
- Be sure not to overcook the cauliflower rice. Once it’s heated, it’s done. Overcooking will make it too soft, and the texture won’t be as similar to rice.
- Do not thaw the cauliflower rice before cooking. It can be made directly from the freezer.
- If you like things extra spicy, add a little hot sauce or sriracha on top, after you’re done cooking!
Kimchi Cauliflower Rice Protein Options
I wanted to keep this recipe vegan, so I used edamame for a quick and easy plant-based protein source. But if you want to switch things up, try topping your bowl with a fried egg or tossing in your favorite protein like shrimp or chicken. Alex and I both really enjoyed this dish. I was shocked that the cauliflower rice really tasted like regular rice. I love that Path of Life’s (not so fried) Riced Cauliflower Blend is an easy thing to keep in the freezer for busy evenings. It’s a great way to get in a few extra vegetables into your dinner time routine!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3/4 cup kimchi plus 1 tablespoon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 bag of Path of Life’s (not so fried) Riced Cauliflower Blend, frozen
- 1 cup edamame, frozen
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the kimchi and kimchi juice and continue to cook over medium heat for 6 minutes
- Add cauliflower rice and edamame, using a wooden spoon to break apart any clumps.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until heated through.
Keywords: Kimchi Cauliflower Rice
Path of Life also makes tons of delicious quinoa blends, so make sure you check out their other products here! You can find them in the frozen foods aisle at Publix!
How to Reheat Leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can reheat them easily on the stove. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a nonstick skillet and then add the leftovers. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until heated through.
Have you ever tried kimchi?