This post is sponsored by iHerb. As always, all opinions are my own.
This easy quinoa pilaf is made with sweet dried apricots and salty pistachios for a side dish that is full of flavor. Serve this with pilaf your favorite protein or add it to a bed of mixed greens for a delicious and healthy salad.
As a food blogger, I find myself at the grocery store at least a few times a week. But lately, I’ve been enjoying the beauty of online groceries, especially for specialty items. iHerb is like your favorite natural grocery store, but online!
iHerb carries over 30,000 natural products and ships to over 150 countries. From coconut sugar to chia seeds, they have just about everything. Orders are shipped from climate-controlled distribution centers to ensure the quality of their products and they offer customer service in 10 languages, 24/7.
If you’re in a smaller city or you don’t live near a large grocery store, it can be hard to track down things like dried apricots or coconut oil but iHerb makes it easy with a big selection of grocery items. I’ve also been really impressed with their prices on things like premium olive oil and chia seeds. Nearly everything I used for this quinoa pilaf came straight to my doorstep from iHerb!
I also restocked some of my favorite pantry staples including California Olive Ranch Olive Oil, Barney Butter, and my favorite vegetable bouillon from Edward & Sons. iHerb carries tons of different brands and their prices are great! If you want to try iHerb, you can get a discount off your first order using this link!
Tips for Perfect Quinoa Pilaf
- Be sure to rinse your quinoa before cooking, unless you’ve purchased pre-washed quinoa.
- Adding the apricots to the warm quinoa will gently hydrate the fruit, giving them a deliciously plump texture.
- To save time, buy pre-shelled pistachios. You can also substitute sliced almonds or pine nuts.
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- If the quinoa is not pre-washed, rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer.
- Spread onto a baking sheet lined with a dish towel, and let dry.
- In a large non-stick skillet, toast the quinoa for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Transfer the quinoa to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the diced onion, cumin, coriander, lemon juice, and salt.
- Continue to cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the quinoa and water to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 15-18 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy and the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, add the apricots to the quinoa, and cover for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and add pistachios.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
Keywords: easy quinoa pilaf
How to Store Leftover Quinoa Pilaf
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This quinoa pilaf can be served cold or at room temperature.
Ideas for Serving Quinoa Pilaf
This pilaf makes a great side dish with your favorite protein. You can also serve it on top of a bed of mixed greens for an easy salad. You can also add chickpeas to turn this into a hearty main dish, perfect for lunch!
And don’t forget, you can order all of these ingredients from iHerb! New customers will get a 10% discount on their first iHerb order with no minimum purchase, by using this link. Stock up your pantry with your favorite healthy ingredients!