Now that we’re in the middle of September, I thought it would feel a little more like fall. But the temperatures are still high so I’ve kept my smoothie bowls on repeat in the morning. Maybe I’ll switch it up once it starts to cool down but for now, I’ll just keep enjoying this deliciousness.
It seems like coconut is one of those things that people either love or hate. I personally love it. I love the flavor, I love the texture, and I love the healthy fats and fiber it contains!
If you hate coconut, you might want to try a different recipe. Maybe this peach cobbler smoothie? Don’t worry, we can still be friends. But if you do love coconut, give this recipe a try! I think you’ll love it.
- ½ cup ice cubes
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 1 scoop coconut protein powder (or sub for vanilla)
- ½ cup coconut water (or sub for almond milk)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add the ice, mango, pineapple, protein powder, and coconut water to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl or glass and top with shredded coconut.
- You can also add additional toppings if you like. I love adding strawberries and chia seeds on top!
I used Tone It Up’s Perfect Fit protein powder (they had a limited edition coconut flavor!) but Vega sells a coconut almond flavor and I’ve seen a few others! I’ve also used vanilla whey protein powder in this recipe that works too! It just won’t have quite as strong of a coconut flavor.
This past weekend was a busy one so thank goodness for quick and easy breakfast! Our weekend started with a trip to Oktoberfest, a 5K on Saturday morning, lunch with my family, another trip to Oktoberfest, game night with friends, a baby shower, and some church activities on Sunday. Can I have a weekend to rest up from the weekend?