This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PastaWithBenefits #EatModern #CollectiveBias
As a vegetarian, I’m always looking for ways to add a little bit more protein to my diet. I’m thrilled to share Modern Table® Gluten-free, Complete Plant-Protein Pasta with you because this pasta is made from 3 simple ingredients: lentils, rice, and peas. No binders or fillers.
Why Choose Modern Table?
How to Make Ricotta Pasta
Tips for perfect ricotta pasta
- Using a combination of vegetable broth and water adds extra flavor to this pasta dish! Look for low-sodium vegetable broth so you can control the saltiness.
- Check your pasta for doneness while cooking. I like my pasta firm, but if you like it softer, you can cook it a couple of minutes longer. Just be careful not to cook it too long or it will get soggy.
- I like adding a sprinkle of crushed red pepper on top for a little extra spiciness. Feel free to garnish with basil if you don’t like the heat.
This one pot pasta with ricotta is creamy and delicious but it only takes 20 minutes to prepare! Plus, it’s packed with protein from the red lentil pasta!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 oz. Modern Table Rotini
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a wide skillet or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, water, and pasta.
- Stir to ensure that the pasta is submerged under the liquid.
- Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until the pasta is just slightly firm.
- Remove the lid, then add spinach and stir.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, uncovered until pasta is al dente and spinach has wilted.
- Uncover and stir in ricotta and parmesan.
Keywords: one pot ricotta pasta
Looking for some side dish ideas? Try one of these:
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan and Lemon
- Vegan Caesar Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
- 4 Ingredient Baked Goat Cheese
Still craving pasta? Try this easy eggplant pasta, Pasta Alla Norma.
What’s your favorite pasta shape? I’m loving this Modern Table® Rotini!