This one pot pasta with ricotta is creamy and delicious but it only takes 20 minutes to prepare! Plus, it’s packed with protein from the red lentil pasta!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 oz. Modern Table Rotini
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a wide skillet or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, water, and pasta.
- Stir to ensure that the pasta is submerged under the liquid.
- Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until the pasta is just slightly firm.
- Remove the lid, then add spinach and stir.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, uncovered until pasta is al dente and spinach has wilted.
- Uncover and stir in ricotta and parmesan.
Keywords: one pot ricotta pasta