These vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a healthy twist on a classic favorite! They’re soft and cakey, with just the right amount of sweetness. This is the pefect fall dessert!
I’m not someone who goes crazy over pumpkin but I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! I wanted to create a recipe that would be a little healthier than a regular cookie and I’m so happy with how these turned out!
I thought I’d keep these cookies vegan so more of you can enjoy them. They don’t require any sort of egg substitute and they have a lovely, fluffy texture. These almost remind me of muffin tops! If you like soft, fluffy cookies, these are for you!
Tips for perfect vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- If you want to keep these vegan, make sure your chocolate chips are vegan. Enjoy Life is a brand that makes a great dairy-free chips!
- Be careful not to over bake these cookies. These are a softer, chewier cookie, vs. a crispy, crunchy edge. The texture is similar to a muffin top.
- Use canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. Canned pumpkin is simply cooked and pureed pumpkin, whereas pumpkin pie filling has lots of added sugar.
- Be sure to use a neutral-flavored oil like grapeseed, avocado, or vegetable oil. I don’t recommend substituting olive oil, as it will impart a savory taste.
- You can use brown sugar or white sugar in these cookies. Brown sugar will impart a hint of carmel flavor, but both are delicious! (I’ve tested both because you never know when you’ll run out of one!)
- If you wanted to cut down on the sugar, you could replace half of the chocolate chips with chopped pecans.
These vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a healthy twist on a classic favorite! They’re soft and cakey, almost like a muffin top. Perfect to make for a party!
- 2/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1 cup chocolate chips (be sure to use vegan chips to keep it vegan!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and vanilla until mixed.
- Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Once they’re done, take them out of the oven and let cool for 3 minutes, then transfer onto a plate or cooling rack.
Be sure to use dairy free chocolate chips to keep this recipe vegan.
Keywords: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Be careful, you might want to eat the whole pan! Store these cookies in an airtight container. They should stay soft and fluffy for 3-5 days.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin?