Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a healthy twist on a classic favorite! They’re soft and cakey, with just the right amount of sweetness. This is the pefect fall dessert!
I’m not someone who goes crazy over pumpkin but I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! I wanted to create a recipe that would be a little healthier than a regular cookie and I’m so happy with how these turned out!
I thought I’d keep these cookies vegan so more of you can enjoy them. They don’t require any sort of egg substitute and they have a lovely, fluffy texture. These almost remind me of muffin tops! If you like soft, fluffy cookies, these are for you!
Tips for perfect vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- If you want to keep these vegan, make sure your chocolate chips are vegan. Enjoy Life is a brand that makes a great dairy-free chips!
- Be careful not to over bake these cookies. These are a softer, chewier cookie, vs. a crispy, crunchy edge. The texture is similar to a muffin top.
- Use canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. Canned pumpkin is simply cooked and pureed pumpkin, whereas pumpkin pie filling has lots of added sugar.
Gluten free substitution ideas
If you want to make these cookies gluten-free, I recommend using Bob’s Red Mill’s 1 to 1 gluten-free flour blend. A recipe tester tried this substitute and it worked perfectly!
Additional Substitution ideas
- Be sure to use a neutral-flavored oil like grapeseed, avocado, or vegetable oil. I don’t recommend substituting olive oil, as it will impart a savory taste.
- You can use brown sugar or white sugar in these cookies. Brown sugar will impart a hint of caramel flavor, but both are delicious! (I’ve tested both because you never know when you’ll run out of one!)
- If you wanted to cut down on the sugar, you could replace half of the chocolate chips with chopped pecans.
These vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are a healthy twist on a classic favorite! They’re soft and cakey, almost like a muffin top. Perfect to make for a party!
- 2/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1 cup chocolate chips (be sure to use vegan chips to keep it vegan!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and vanilla until mixed.
- Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Once they’re done, take them out of the oven and let cool for 3 minutes, then transfer onto a plate or cooling rack.
Be sure to use dairy free chocolate chips to keep this recipe vegan.
Keywords: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Be careful, you might want to eat the whole pan! Store these cookies in an airtight container. They should stay soft and fluffy for 3-5 days.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy pumpkin?