This honeydew sorbet recipe is so simple! You only need a few ingredients for this healthy summer treat.
Last week, my friend Alexa came for a visit. You know, my photographer friend who just happens to love healthy food as much as I do. My friend who is willing to spend an hour shooting photos of a honeydew with me, so I can learn how to get the light just right.
Now that’s a friend.
This honeydew sorbet turned out to be easier to make than it was to photograph. (Melting foods are a bit more of a challenge.) But we had a fun time playing around with it and we really enjoyed getting to eat it. This is truly one of those treats that you can feel good about eating because it’s basically just fruit. This would be a perfect treat for the whole family!
This honeydew sorbet recipe is so simple! You only need a few ingredients for this healthy, vegan, & gluten free summer treat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + Freeze time
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: -25794416.65 minute
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Slice the honeydew into 1″ chunks and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Put it in the freezer for 4-6 hours until frozen.
- Once frozen, put the chunks in the blender with the lemon juice and sweetener.
- You may need to add a couple tablespoons of water to help it to start blending.
- If you don’t have a high-powered blender, you can make this in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Put it back into the freezer for another 30 minutes until it sets.
- Scoop & serve!
Keywords: Honeydew Sorbet
We used honey because my friend Carin brought me back some orange blossom honey from Charleston and I couldn’t wait to use it! But if you want to keep this vegan, you can substitute maple syrup or really any sweetener you like. If you have a really ripe honeydew, you can omit it all together!
Yeah, this summer treat is going to be on repeat over here! I just love frozen treats. I’ll always pick ice cream over cake!