Heath Bar Apple Dip
This heath bar apple dip is made with yogurt, cream cheese, and toffee pieces for an addictive dip that will have you coming back for seconds! It’s the perfect side dish to serve with sliced apples.
I love this recipe because it’s a great way to elevate apples into a tasty dessert. You can also make this recipe in advance so if you’re serving it for a party, it works great! While I wouldn’t call this dip a health food, you can use low-fat cream cheese and low sugar yogurt. You can adjust the sweetness based on your preferences and this is a great way to encourage your family to eat apples! A little of this dip goes a long way, so each serving could be enough for about half an apple. Plus, this dip is only a few ingredients so it takes no time at all to whip it up!
I wouldn’t say I love Heath bars so I was kind of surprised at how much I loved this dip. I couldn’t get enough! I kept going back for one more bite. That’s how you know it’s good! This is an amazing snack, especially if you love apples like I do!
Heath Bar Apple Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese- You can use low-fat cream cheese or Greek yogurt cream cheese if you want to keep this recipe lower in fat.
- Yogurt– I recommend using vanilla yogurt or plain yogurt. I don’t recommend using Greek yogurt which has a little bit too much of a tangy flavor.
- Powdered sugar– Powdered sugar is also called confectioners sugar. You can adjust the amount o sugar based on the sweetness of your yogurt.
- Toffee bits– You can find Heath bar bits at most grocery stores near the chocolate chips but you can also order them on Amazon!
What is a Heath bar?
If you’re not familiar with Heath bars, it’s a candy bar featuring milk chocolate and English toffee. It’s crunchy and sweet, making it the perfect addition to this apple dip! You can find Heath bits pieces sold by the chocolate chips at some larger grocery stores, but you can also just crush up a Heath bar if you can’t find the bag of pieces. You can use their online finder to check if a store near you has Heath bars or Heath bits in stock!
- If you don’t have powdered sugar, you can use brown sugar instead. It won’t be quite as smooth but the texture works well with the Heath bar pieces.
- If you can’t find the Heath Bar Bits, you can just crumble up a regular Heath bar. If you can’t find Heath bars, check out Skor bars which are very similar and would work in this recipe.
How to Make Heath Bar Apple Dip
The trick to this recipe is to let the cream cheese sit at room temperature for a few hours, in order to soften. But if you don’t have time for that, you can still make this easily!
If your cream cheese is soft, you can simply mix the cream cheese, yogurt, and powdered sugar by hand or with a hand mixer or stand mixer. If you’re using chilled cream cheese, I recommend blending it in a food processor in order to get it completely smooth. You can add more powdered sugar to taste.
The Best Apples for Dipping
You can use any apples for this dip but my favorites are Honeycrisp, Envy, or Granny Smith. Granny smith apples will be a bit more tart, but it’s a nice contrast to the sweet dip. I like to slice the apples very thin so you have lots to dip!
Other Snacks for Dipping
While this dip is especially delicious with apples, there are plenty of other things you can dip in this Heath Bar Dip! Try graham crackers, vanilla wafers, strawberries, pretzels, or bananas.
How to Store Leftovers
This dip will last 2-3 days in the fridge. Keep it in an airtight container. The dip can be served cold.
More Fruit Dip Recipes
- Low Calorie Peanut Butter Dip– This low-calorie dip is great for apple slices and other fruit! It’s a simple recipe with just a few ingredients.
- Vegan Pumpkin Dip– This vegan pumpkin dip is perfect for apple slices or graham crackers. It’s easy to make and it’s a great recipe for the fall!
- Cannoli Dip– If you love cannolis you have to try this simple cannoli dip! It tastes just like the inside of a cannoli and it’s perfect for dipping pieces of a waffle cone or apple slices!
- Yogurt Fruit Dip– This dip is just a few ingredients and it’s a deliciously healthy option for dipping fresh fruit!
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip– This cream cheese fruit dip is the best with fresh berries or graham crackers!
This heath bar apple dip is made with whipped cream, cream cheese, and toffee pieces for an addictive dip that will have you coming back for seconds! It’s the perfect side dish to serve with sliced apples.
- 8oz cream cheese (low-fat is fine)
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1–2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup toffee pieces or Heath bar bits
- If your cream cheese is soft, you can simply mix the cream cheese, yogurt, and powdered sugar by hand or with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- If you’re using chilled cream cheese, I recommend blending it in a food processor in order to get it completely smooth.
- Once the cream cheese and yogurt are blended, taste and add additional powdered sugar if needed.
- Stir in toffee pieces.
- Be sure to keep this dip refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
Adjust the amount of powdered sugar based on the sweetness of the yogurt.
Keywords: heath bar dip, apple dip, Heath Bar Apple Dip