Easy Cannoli Dip
This tasty cannoli dip will be a hit at your next party! It’s sweet and creamy with plenty of chocolate chips. Serve it with waffle cone pieces or vanilla wafers for an easy and delicious dessert!
What is Cannoli Dip?
This is a creamy dip inspired by the filling inside a traditional cannoli. While this dip is in no way traditional, I think it will remind you of a delicious cannoli! Plus, it’s much easier to make than regular cannolis! I think this is such a fun recipe for a party because it’s a little bit unexpected, but once your friends have a taste, they’ll be coming back for seconds! I also love that this dip can be made in advance, so you can get this in the fridge long before your guests arrive.
Cannoli Dip Ingredients
- Ricotta– This creamy cheese is the base of the dip and it’s what gives the dip its signature milky flavor.
- Cream cheese– This creates an ultra-creamy texture with a hint of sweet flavor. If you wanted to make this recipe a bit lighter, you can use Greek yogurt cream cheese.
- Confectioners sugar or powdered sugar– This adds the sweetness to the dip without the graininess of granualted sugar.
- Mini chocolate chips– I recommend using mini chocolate chips so you can get a few chips in every bite! You can use larger chocolate chips if that’s all you have.
- Waffle cone pieces- I like using waffle cone pieces for scooping up this dip but I’ve included other dipping options below!
You can use mascarpone in place of the cream cheese. Mascarpone is basically Italian-style cream cheese. It has a slightly tangy flavor, but it works great in cannoli dip! I do not recommend using low-fat or fat-free ricotta. It will alter the texture and this recipe won’t be as creamy.
Tips for Perfect Cannoli Dip
- You can make this recipe in advance and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep it in an airtight container and serve it chilled.
- Be sure to use whole milk ricotta which will give you the thick, creamy texture needed for this recipe.
- I like to use mini chocolate chips so you get a taste of chocolate in every bite!
- For the waffle cone pieces, buy the largest waffle cones you can find. Those are easiest to break into chips.
How to Make Cannoli Dip
This simple dip is incredibly easy to make! Mix together the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and vanilla extract until smooth. You can use a hand mixer or just mix it with a spoon. I just used a spoon and after a minute or two, it was smooth!
Stir in the confectioner’s sugar and mini chocolate chips.
Place the dip in the fridge and let it chill for at least 15 minutes, then serve with pieces of waffle cone.
Other Dipping Options
No waffle cones? No problem! Try one of these other delicious dipping options:
- Apple slices– This is a great way to make this dish a little healthier! Try it with slices of sweet red apples.
- Graham crackers– Graham crackers are another tasty option for scooping up this dip. Try cinnamon graham crackers for a fun twist!
- Vanilla wafers– These are another tasty option, perfect for dipping in this cannoli dip.
- Pizzelle cookies– These Italian waffle cookies are also a delicious option to scoop this cannoli dip!
- Cinnamon Chips– These homemade chips are made from flour tortillas and sweetened with cinnamon and sugar for a perfect dipper!
This creamy cannoli dip will be a hit at your next party! It’s sweet and creamy with plenty of chocolate chips. Serve it with waffle cone pieces or vanilla wafers for an easy and delicious dessert!
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 6 large waffle cones, broken into pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in the confectioner’s sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes, then serve with waffle cone pieces for dipping.
Keywords: cannoli dip
More Dessert Ideas
Looking for more dessert ideas? Try this sweet and creamy vegan pumpkin dip! It’s delicious with graham crackers or apple slices. Or try Cream Cheese Fruit Dip for another sweet dipping option. Still craving sweets? Make a batch of these delicious brown butter chocolate chip cookies. They’ll disappear quickly!