Healthy Baked Apple Chips
This healthy baked apple chip recipe is almost too easy! You can make these in the oven or dehydrator and have a sweet & crunchy snack!
But sometimes the best recipes are the simple ones so I couldn’t resist sharing with you. I was craving something crunchy but I wanted to keep it healthy so apple chips started calling my name!
If you have a dehydrator (oh, you fancy) then you could certainly use that but if you’re like the rest of us, an oven will do just fine.Print
This healthy baked apple chip recipe is almost too easy! You can make these in the oven and have a sweet & crunchy snack!
- 2 fuji, gala, or other red apple
- Cooking spray
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Using a mandoline slicer, or sharp knife, slice the apples into very thin slices.
- If you want them super crispy, you want them to be about 1/8″ thick. If you like them a little chewier, you can make them slightly thicker.
- Spread onto a single layer and bake for 1 hour.
- Flip the apples and continue to cook for 30 minutes to an hour, until crisp.
- I tested it a few different ways and decided I liked it best after about an hour and a half when they still had a bit of chewiness. If you want them crispy, just bake until you get the crunch!
- If you like a little cinnamon, add it right after you take them out of the oven!
We ate some of them straight out of the oven and I packed up the rest to enjoy at work. Apple chips are a little easier to eat at my desk rather than munching on a whole apple, so I might have to do this more often!
And there you have it! A simple, healthy, ONE ingredient snack! It doesn’t get easier than that.
Looking for more snack ideas? Here’s a few of my favorites: