I tend to be pretty picky when it comes to salad dressings. I have a few bottled favorites that are my go-to but a lot of what you find at the grocery store is full of all sorts of chemicals and preservatives. The funny part is, making your own salad dressing is SO EASY. Like ridiculously easy. This honey mustard dressing can be made in just a few minutes and you probably have all the ingredients on hand already!
Tips for making your own honey mustard salad dressing
- A little bit of mayonnaise helps emulsify the dressing so the oil and vinegar don’t separate
- If you’re vegan, you can use an egg free brand like Just Mayo and use agave instead of honey
- You can store this in the fridge for up to 5 days, just be sure to keep it in an airtight container in the fridge
Skip the bottled salad dressing and make this healthier honey mustard dressing!. This recipe makes about 1/3 cup of salad dressing.
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined, or add them all to a mason jar, seal, and shake vigorously until everything is combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 74
Keywords: honey mustard dressing
I actually couldn’t believe how easy this was. I’m usually anti-mayonnaise but just a tiny bit in this dressing helps make it creamy. I used the “Just Mayo” brand so there’s no dairy or eggs in it, in case that’s something you’re avoiding. Most of the fat in this recipe comes from the olive oil so it’s a much healthier fat! And I love the flavor of the apple cider vinegar in here. Nothing like a little dose of probiotics to give your salad dressing a boost!
Looking for more salad dressing recipes? Try one of these ideas below!
- White Balsamic Salad Dressing (My personal favorite!)
- Easy Greek Salad Dressing
- Lemon & Black Pepper Salad Dressing