- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- If the quinoa is not pre-washed, rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer.
- Spread onto a baking sheet lined with a dish towel, and let dry.
- In a large non-stick skillet, toast the quinoa for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Transfer the quinoa to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the diced onion, cumin, coriander, lemon juice, and salt.
- Continue to cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the quinoa and water to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 15-18 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy and the water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, add the apricots to the quinoa, and cover for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and add pistachios.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
Keywords: easy quinoa pilaf