Ths modern Greek salad is a copycat recipe of my favorite salad from Panera Bread! It’s easy to make at home, and it’s great for a healthy lunch!
When I need a quick and easy meal, Panera is one of my go-to spots for fast-casual food. I like that they have a variety of salads and vegetarian-friendly main dishes. It’s not fancy, but you know what you’re getting, and it’s nice when you need something quick! I almost always order the Modern Greek Salad, which is a pretty standard Greek salad topped with quinoa and almonds. I love the blend of textures and flavors. Luckily, this salad is easy to create at home!
Whether you’re craving the Modern Greek Salad from Panera or you just want an easy salad at home, this is a delicious and simple Greek salad recipe!
- If you don’t have almonds, try substituting pine nuts. They have a similar salty flavor, but a little less crunch!
- I used a blend of kale and romaine, but you can use all romaine or all kale if you prefer.
- To make this recipe vegan, skip the feta cheese. You may want to add a pinch of salt to make up for the salty flavor.
Tips for a Perfect Greek Salad
- Be sure to remove the kale stems and massage the leaves before adding to the salad. To do this, squeeze the kale in your hands until it’s bright green and slightly softened.
- If you want to make the salad dressing ahead of time, try adding 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise to emulsify the dressing and prevent the oil and vinegar from separating.
- The quinoa can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I like to make my quinoa in a rice cooker!
Ths modern Greek salad is a copycat recipe of my favorite salad from Panera Bread! It’s easy to make at a home and it’s great for a healthy lunch!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 2 cups kale, destemmed and massaged (see note)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup almond slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped cucumber
- Whisk together to olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine and kale.
- Top with feta, quinoa, almond slices, and cucumber.
- Drizzle with dressing and divide evenly into two bowls.
Keywords: Modern Greek Salad [Panera Bread Copycat]
To make this recipe in advance, assemble all the ingredients but wait to add the dressing until just before serving. This prevents the greens from getting soggy.
Looking for other salad recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
What is your favorite fast-casual restaurant?