Easy Green Goddess Dressing
This creamy Green Goddess dressing is loaded with fresh herbs for a tasty salad dressing that is packed with flavor! This recipe also makes a great sandwich spread or vegetable dip!
A few weeks ago, I was getting a little bored with my standard salad dressings and I knew I needed to switch things up. After making an herb-infused drizzle for my vegetarian sheet pan meal, I realized that this tasty concoction was pretty close to a Green Goddess dressing. I found myself making it, again and again, to pour over my latest bowl of greens and so I decided this recipe deserved its own post!
What is Green Goddess Dressing?
It’s a creamy dressing that is typically mayonnaise-based and filled with a variety of fresh herbs. Many recipes use anchovies, but I obviously wanted to keep this recipe vegetarian so I left those out. I used a combination of cilantro, parsley, dill, and chives for lots of herbal flavor. I added a dash of lemon juice to brighten the flavors and a little garlic powder to add even more flavor.
How long does Green Goddess Dressing last?
It typically lasts 3-4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can make a smaller batch, but keep in mind that it can be hard to blend a very small amount if you have a large blender or food processor. But there are so many ways you can use this dressing, I have a feeling you won’t have trouble using the leftovers!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I make this dressing without mayonnaise? I’d recommend making my Vegan Green Goddess Dressing if you want a mayo-free version!
- Can I make this recipe vegan? Yes! Simply use Veganaise in place of mayonnaise.
More Dressings & DipsPrint
This creamy Green Goddess dressing is loaded with fresh herbs for a tasty salad dressing that is loaded with flavor! This also makes a great sandwich spread or vegetable dip!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–2 tablespoons of water to thin, if needed
- Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add additional salt to taste, if needed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: green goddess dressing