Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
This super easy cream cheese fruit dip Recipe is lusciously creamy, delightfully sweet, and great for sharing! You only need 4 ingredients for an irresistible snack or appetizer that feels like you’re eating dessert.
Why I Love This Recipe
If you enjoy seasonal fruits as much as I do, you have to try this 4-ingredient cream cheese fruit dip recipe! It’s lusciously creamy with just the right amount of sweetness and oh-so-perfect for dipping berries, bananas, apple slices, and more. This has to be one of my favorite ways to enjoy my latest haul from the farmer’s market!
This cream cheese fruit dip is also a fantastic way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Whether you serve it up as a snack, appetizer, or after-dinner treat, it brings dessert vibes to any time of day. Plus, you can indulge in all your favorite dippers! From fresh fruit to graham crackers, everything tastes better with a little fruit dip.
Best of all, you only need four simple ingredients and a few minutes to whip up a batch! The versatile flavor pairs beautifully with tons of dippers or you could try mixing in other ingredients for some fun variations. Enjoy it as-is or go ahead and get creative!
This simple cream cheese dip is great to keep in your refrigerator for an easy snack any time you’re craving something a little sweet. It’s so yummy and so easy to make, don’t be surprised when it becomes an instant favorite!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Cream cheese — This gives the dip its signature luscious texture. For something a little lighter, you can use low-fat cream cheese, Greek yogurt cream cheese, or vegan cream cheese.
- Whipped topping — Keep in mind that this is different from whipped cream. Feel free to use vegan cocowhip if you prefer!
- Powdered sugar — This will add sweetness to the fruit dip without making it grainy. If you only have granulated sugar, you can throw it in a blender and pulse for a few seconds to turn it into powdered sugar. In a pinch, you could substitute with brown sugar. It just won’t be quite as smooth.
- Vanilla extract — This adds a little more sweetness as well as depth of flavor.
How to Make This Fruit Dip Recipe
What to Serve with Fruit Dip
- Fruits — Berries, bananas, kiwi, and apple slices are some of my favorites. Pretty much any fruit will be wonderful with this dip! Sliced apples are my favorite.
- Fruit kabobs — These are especially great if you’re entertaining! Use toothpicks or longer wooden skewers and add a variety of fruits on each one. The presentation turns out so cute.
- Sweet dippers — Some tasty options include graham crackers, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, cinnamon chips, and waffle cones. Or you could get a little fancy with some Italian pizzelle waffle cookies.
- Salty dippers — Mini pretzels are always a crowd-pleaser and I love the sweet and salty combo!
Can this Dip be Made in Advance?
You bet! In fact, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store the fruit dip for up to two days. This makes it great to have on hand for the next time your sugar cravings strike.
It’s also nice if you plan to have friends or family over later and want to prep the fruit dip in advance. It makes such a delightful appetizer or dessert! I should mention here that you can double this recipe if need be. If you’re sharing it with friends, I highly recommend making a double batch, or it will be gone before you know it!
Whether you’re making your cream cheese fruit dip ahead of time or simply can’t finish an entire batch in one sitting, make sure to store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You could also cover a serving bowl with plastic wrap if that’s easier. I don’t recommend freezing this dip.
- Dial up that wonderful fruit flavor! Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of fruit preserves or jam to add another delicious element to your dip. Keep in mind that you may want to reduce the amount of powdered sugar you use so the dip doesn’t turn out overly sweet.
- Sprinkle in mini chocolate chips for a chocolatey twist. You could use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even rich white chocolate! I recommend serving with strawberries, raspberries, and other fruits that pair well with chocolate.
- You can use low fat cream cheese if you want to lower the fat content of this dip.
- For another flavor twist, try adding a drizzle of peanut butter or your other favorite nut butter on top!
- To add a pop of color and a little texture, stir in some chopped strawberries or raspberries or try using strawberry cream cheese!
- If your main fruit is going to be apple slices, add a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of honey on top! This will also be fantastic with graham crackers and vanilla wafers.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder for a rich chocolate dip. I like pairing this version with tart berries!
More Sweet Dip Recipes
- Easy Cannoli Dip– This chocolate chip studded dip is so tasty with waffle cone pieces or graham crackers but it also makes a tasty dip for fruit!
- Vegan Pumpkin Dip– There’s no better dip for fall! This pumpkin dip is made with real pumpkin and just a few ingredients!
- Healthy Nutella Dip– No time to waste? This two ingredient Nutella dip is ready in just a few minutes! Plus, it’s delicious to pair with this cream cheese fruit dip!
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/4 cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
This super easy Fruit Dip Recipe is lusciously creamy, delightfully sweet, and great for sharing! You only need 4 ingredients for an irresistible snack or appetizer that feels like you’re eating dessert.
- 4oz cream cheese
- 6oz whipped topping
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Allow the cream cheese to soften at room temperature. Make sure the whipped topping is thawed. (If you don’t have time for your cream cheese to soften or your whipped topping to thaw, use a food processor.)
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl, the bowl of a stand mixer, or a food processor.
Blend until smooth.
I love recipes that take a few ingredients and is simple to make and then taste amazing. I looked at the variations and added the honey and cinnamon. Will be trying the other variations.
Can’t wait to try your recipes.
I make this all the time and everyone loved it every single time! Super easy and great for entertaining.
This cream cheese dip was so good! I’ve never had anything like it! Goes so well with fruit!
This fruit dip is perfect for parties or as an appetizer and I love how well it pairs with my berries.
I made this fruit dip for a party this weekend and everyone loved it. It was gone by the end of the night. I will definitely make it again.
Make 2 bowls of this folks. People will not want to share so make sure you have a backup bowl. So yummy!!!
I love making this so my family can eat with fruit as a snack or dessert! So good!
We really like cream cheese dip, this one went so well with all the fruits, pretzels, graham crackers and even cinnamon pita chips we had.
I made this cream cheese fruit dip to serve with fresh fruits and pretzels at my friend’s Halloween party this past weekend. It was a hit with all of the guests. I’m glad I left some back at home to eat by myself, LOL!