Cherry Smoothie Recipe
This chocolate covered cherry smoothie recipe is a delicious balance of sweet and tart flavor with a hint of chocolate. It’s the perfect drink to sip as you start your day or recover after a workout!
You know I love smoothies and while I normally gravitate towards smoothie bowls, I’m loving this sippable cherry smoothie!
Tips for a Delicious Cherry Smoothie
- I like to use plain Greek yogurt to make this smoothie extra thick and creamy. If you wanted to keep this cherry smoothie vegan, you can replace that with almond milk yogurt.
- If you want to add protein powder to this recipe, blend the protein powder with the cherry juice before adding the rest of the ingredients. That will help blend the protein powder smoothly.
- To turn this recipe into a thick smoothie bowl, reduce the amount of cherry juice or freeze the cherry juice in an ice cube tray before blending.
Looking for the cherry on top? Check out my full list of smoothie bowl toppings!
The Best Juice for a Cherry Smoothie
To amplify the cherry flavor of this smoothie, I added a splash of tart cherry juice. I recommend looking for a juice that is 100% cherry juice with no added sugar or sweetener. Don’t worry, this cherry smoothie has tons of sweet flavor! If you love chocolate-covered cherries, this smoothie is for you!
Blender Tips for the Best Smoothie
- Use finely chopped frozen fruit. If you don’t have a powerful blender, make sure the fruit pieces are small. Frozen cherries are typically pretty easy to blend!
- Make a double batch. Sometimes making a larger batch can make it easier to blend. Double this recipe and share it with a friend, family member, or roommate!
- Add more liquid. If your blender gets stuck, just add an extra splash of liquid.
This chocolate covered cherry smoothie is the perfect balance of sweet and tart flavor with a hint of chocolate. It’s the perfect drink to sip as you start your day or recover after a workout!
- ½ cup frozen cherries
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cherry juice
- ½ cup ice (about 4 large cubes)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Add the cherries, yogurt, cherry juice, ice and cocoa powder into a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth. Sprinkle with additional cocoa powder, if desired.
Be sure to look for unsweetened frozen cherries, to avoid added sugar.
Keywords: cherry smoothie
This chocolate covered cherry smoothie tastes like a summer slushie! While I love smoothie bowls, lately I’ve been enjoying smoothies that I can sip through a straw on my way out the door. I feel like I’ve been running in a million directions lately, so it’s helpful to have a breakfast I can enjoy on the go!
Looking for more delicious smoothie recipes? Here are a few of my favorites!