This chocolate almond granola is sweet and crunchy with plenty of clusters! Try this as a snack or sprinkle it on top of a bowl of yogurt!
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add the maple syrup or honey and peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 15-20 seconds until the peanut butter is slightly melted. Stir until the peanut butter and maple syrup or honey are completely combined.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, sliced almonds, and salt.
- Scoop onto a large cookie sheet or a 9 X 13 pan. Do not spread into a thin layer. Leave it about 1″ thick.
- Bake at 300 for 10 minutes, then stir and continue to bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle in the chocolate chips.
- Let cool, and eat! You can store it in an airtight container for a week or two.
You can gently stir the chocolate chips after adding them, to mix the chocolate into the granola, or you can leave them in separately chunks.
Keywords: chocolate almond granola