This chocolate almond granola is sweet and crunchy with plenty of clusters! Try this as a snack or sprinkle it on top of a bowl of yogurt!
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, sliced almonds, peanut butter, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Be sure that the maple syrup gets well distributed over the oats.
- Scoop onto a large cookie sheet or a 9 X 13 pan. Do not spread into a thin layer. Leave it about 1″ thick.
- Bake at 300 for 10 minutes, then stir and continue to bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and sprinkle in the chocolate chips.
- Let cool, and eat! You can store it in an airtight container for a week or two.
You can gently stir the chocolate chips after adding them, to mix the chocolate into the granola, or you can leave them in separately chunks.
Keywords: chocolate almond granola