Every time we get Chinese food, I cross my fingers that my veggie stir fry will be loaded with broccoli. In my opinion, it’s the best of the fried rice vegetables. Maybe it’s because those little veggie-trees soak up more of the sauce or maybe it’s because I love their texture, but whatever the reason, they’re my favorite. So today, I’m teaming up with Minute Rice to bring you an easy dinner recipe that only takes a few minutes to put together!
So when I’m making a stir-fry at home, I like loading up on the broccoli.
This recipe actually comes together really quickly if you use Minute® Ready to Serve Rice. All you have to do is microwave it for a minute and you’re ready to go! Add in a few other simple ingredients and you’ve got yourself dinner! It’s kind of perfect, especially if you’re not so great with portion control like me. The single serving cups make it convenient and easy! This really works with just about any vegetables you have in your fridge. I’m sure it would also be great with mushrooms if you’re into that sort of thing, but I’m not a big mushroom fan. (I let Alex have the mushrooms right off my plate when we order take out!)
These little bowls are perfect for a quick lunch! With just a few mix-ins, you’ve got a quick and easy meal!
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 cups brown rice (cold or room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped (Optional)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the rice and stir to distribute the oil.
- Push the rice to one side and add the egg.
- Scramble the egg into the rice over high heat.
- Add in the broccoli, corn, and peas and cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until the veggies are brightly colored and just begin to soften. (If you're using frozen veggies, it'll take a bit longer.)
- Add the tamari, garlic, and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Top with cilantro and serve!
If you’re a meat eater, you could certainly throw some beef or shrimp in here. If I had tempeh in my fridge I would have tossed some of that in there but this hit the spot!
This is such a simple and easy dinner, I might end up making it again this weekend. We’ve got lots of relaxation on the schedule for the long weekend. We’ve been in the midst of some major home renovation the past few weeks so I’m excited to get the house back in order and just enjoy some time outside. Hopefully, the rain will hold off this weekend! I’m looking forward to checking out a couple of Richmond spots that I haven’t seen yet.
What are your weekend plans?
Thank you, Minute® Ready to Serve Rice, for sponsoring my post!