I’ve been on a mini dessert kick lately. First it was those little mini banana splits. Now it’s mini cheesecake. The good news? These were 10 times easier than the mini banana splits… but still pretty adorable.
Since the actually “cheesecake” part is a small portion of this dessert… I think this could even be considered healthy. I mean, it’s fruit… so that counts for something, right?
- 10-15 large strawberries
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 a block)
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs OR crumbled trefoil cookies (I used the cookies)
- Wash the strawberries, and cut the tops off.
- You shouldn't really have to hollow anything out, because strawberries generally have a hollow center, but if they're small strawberries, you can use a paring knife to cut a little bit of the inside out.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
- I used a little ¼ tsp scoop to fill the strawberries with the cream cheese mixture.
- Then sprinkle the cookie crumbs on top.
- Pop them in the freezer for a bit, or keep in the freezer, if you're not serving them for awhile.
These are an easy and healthy dessert, so it’s a win win!