Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
This creamy strawberry cheesecake ice cream is made in the blender with just a handful of ingredients! It’s a healthy way to satisfy your ice cream craving!
I had some cream cheese left in my fridge from making this enchilada soup, and I needed something to do with it. I could have made more Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, but I was in the mood for a frozen treat. So after a little experimentation, a few failed attempts, and I finally created my new favorite frozen treat!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Frozen strawberries- The fruit will need to be frozen in order to get an ice cream consistency. You can use fresh strawberries and freeze them ahead of time.
- Almond milk or dairy milk- I typically use almond milk but any milk will work.
- Greek yogurt- This adds a creamy, tangy flavor to the ice cream.
- Cream cheese- This adds that signature cheesecake flavor!
- Sweetener to taste- I used stevia but you can use honey or maple syrup.
- Graham cracker crumbs- You can use crumbs or just crush a few graham crackers on top.
How to Make Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
This ice cream is made without an ice cream maker. All you need to make this ice cream is a high powered blender! Even if you don’t have a fancy blender, here are my tips for getting the best results from your blender.
Add the frozen fruit, milk, yogurt, and cream cheese to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. You may need to add a little more liquid to help it blend. It also helps to pause every few seconds and scrape down the sides.
If you have to add more liquid, you can place the ice cream in the freezer for a few minutes after blending so you can get a thicker consistency. Then scoop into a bowl and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs!
If you love this dessert, be sure to try my cheesecake stuffed strawberries!Print
This healthy strawberry cheesecake ice cream is an easy dessert!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup almond milk or dairy milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- Sweetener to taste
- Graham cracker crumbs for topping
- Add the strawberries, milk, yogurt, abd cream cheese into a blender, and pulse until combined.
- Taste and add additional sweetener if needed.
- Eat it immediately or for a thicker consistency, put it in the freezer for a few hours until firm.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
Keywords: healthy ice cream
Can we talk about how a serving of this stuff has less than 80 calories? I mean, you could eat the whole recipe in one sitting, and still be eating fewer calories and fat than just a mere 1/2 cup of “premium” ice cream. And who eats just half a cup? I really don’t know who those servings are for.
If you love this recipe, you’ll love these cheesecake stuffed strawberries!
Looking for another easy frozen dessert? Try this 2 ingredient mango frozen yogurt!
What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?