[Healthy] Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Sometimes you need a deliciously sweet dessert but you still want to keep things light and healthy, ya know? This easy strawberry cheesecake ice cream can be made in just a few minutes!
I had some cream cheese left in my fridge from making these truffles, and I needed something to do with it. I could have made more Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, but I was in the mood for a frozen treat.
So a little experimentation, a few failed attempts, and I finally created my new favorite frozen treat!
You’ll get a creamier texture if you have a high powered blender, but you can still make this with a regular blender! You might need to add a little extra liquid to get things moving. If you have to add more liquid, pop it back in the freezer after blending so you can get a thicker consistency.Print
This healthy strawberry cheesecake ice cream is an easy dessert!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup almond or soymilk (or regular milk)
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 6-8 drops vanilla stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- Graham cracker crumbs for topping
- Throw everything into a blender, and pulse until combined.
- Then you can either eat it immediately or for a thicker consistency, put it in the freezer for a few hours until it firms up a little more.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
Keywords: healthy ice cream
Can we talk about how a serving of this stuff has less than 80 calories? I mean, you could eat the whole recipe in one sitting, and still be eating fewer calories and fat than just a mere 1/2 cup of “premium” ice cream. And who eats just half a cup? I really don’t know who those servings are for.
Looking for another easy frozen dessert? Try this 2 ingredient mango frozen yogurt!