Have you ever tried protein donuts? I’ve made a few in the past and, like most recipes with protein powder, they’ve ended up sort of dry or dense or not quite right. Sometimes they’re heavy on the egg and the texture just doesn’t work but this protein donut recipe… this one is different.
I generally try not to post recipes that require a specific ingredient but this one does require Kodiak cakes power cakes mix. This isn’t a sponsored post or anything, they just make the perfect mix for this protein donuts recipe! Plus it’s easy to find (Target, Amazon, etc.) and it’s great for straight up pancakes!
This mini protein donut recipe is the perfect on the go snack! You’d never guess that these little donuts are a healthy, protein packed breakfast!
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Protein Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cinnamon & sugar for dusting (optional)
- Optional Mix Ins: Mini chocolate chips, walnuts, peanut butter, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Combine the pancake mix, coconut sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the egg until just mixed.
- If your coconut oil is solid, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds until melted.
- Add in the coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla.
- In a mini donut pan or mini muffin pan, add in about a tablespoon of batter for each donut.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
- If you’re making these in a regular sized donut pan, bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned.
- As soon as you take them out of the oven, sprinkle a little extra cinnamon and sugar on top!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 50 calories
Keywords: Protein Donuts
I actually have a mini donut maker (I know, it’s a super practical kitchen appliance) but if you don’t have one, you can make these into mini muffins or larger donuts. My recipe made about 18 mini protein donuts. Somehow by the end of the day, there were only 4 left. That should give you a good idea of how tasty these were. They’re light and fluffy just like a pancake or a muffin!
My plan was to take them to work and have a few as a snack during the 10:30am stomach growling time, but they all got eaten before I could take them in! These little donuts have less than 50 calories each.
Don’t forget to pin these so you can make them later!
Looking for more protein packed snacks? Try these banana bread protein muffins!