This shop has been compensated by CollectiveBias, Inc. on behalf of its advertiser, EAS Sports Nutrition. #easbrand #PowerinProtein #collectivebias
For the past few weeks, I’ve been getting my workouts done in the morning rather than waiting until after work and I’ve been enjoying it more than I expected. While I’ve been a morning person for a while, I typically used my morning to enjoy coffee and get more blog related things done. Now I’m waking up a bit earlier and starting the day with a sweat session. It means I don’t have to worry about life getting busy or other things popping up and getting in the way of my daily workout.
I’ve always been a breakfast person, but now I get to the breakfast table and I’m starving. I know my body needs a little extra protein in the morning after a hard workout so I’ve been adding protein into my workout recovery smoothies.
So here’s one of my favorite workout recovery shakes!
Brownie Batter Protein Shake
This brownie batter protein shake is a delicious way to refuel after a workout! It’s so chocolatey but packed with protein!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Smoothie
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1/2 banana or avocado
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 large ice cubes
- Stevia or sweetener to taste
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Add everything except the cacao nibs to the blender and blend until smooth!
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs on top.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: Brownie Smoothie
Tips for making the perfect brownie batter shake
- If you want to make your shake extra thick, free the banana slices overnight. Slicing them before freezing can make it easier to get a smooth consistency, even if you don’t have a really powerful blender.
- Justin’s makes a delicious chocolate hazelnut butter that is made from actual hazelnuts. (Don’t use Nutella… the first ingredient in Nutella is sugar.)
- If you can’t find chocolate hazelnut butter, feel free to use almond butter or peanut butter!
- To make this extra chocolatey, you can even add a teaspoon of cocoa powder before blending.
Once you have your ingredients ready, just blend until smooth!
You’ll see little specs of the cacao nibs in there! I love the texture they add. If you don’t have any, don’t worry about it but they do add a nice little crunch!
Pour and serve immediately! The shake should be nice and thick!