This shop has been compensated by CollectiveBias, Inc. on behalf of its advertiser, EAS Sports Nutrition. #easbrand #PowerinProtein #collectivebias
For the past few weeks, I’ve been getting my workouts done in the morning rather than waiting until after work and I’ve been enjoying it more than I expected. While I’ve been a morning person for a while, I typically used my morning to enjoy coffee and get more blog related things done. Now I’m waking up a bit earlier and starting the day with a sweat session. It means I don’t have to worry about life getting busy or other things popping up and getting in the way of my daily workout.
I’ve always been a breakfast person, but now I get to the breakfast table and I’m starving. I know my body needs a little extra protein in the morning after a hard workout so I’ve been adding protein into my workout recovery smoothies.
So here’s one of my favorite workout recovery shakes!
This brownie batter protein shake is a delicious way to refuel after a workout! It’s so chocolatey but packed with protein!
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1/2 banana or avocado
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 large ice cubes
- Stevia or sweetener to taste
- Cacao nibs (optional)
- Add everything except the cacao nibs to the blender and blend until smooth!
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs on top.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: Brownie Smoothie
Tips for making the perfect brownie batter shake
- If you want to make your shake extra thick, free the banana slices overnight. Slicing them before freezing can make it easier to get a smooth consistency, even if you don’t have a really powerful blender.
- Justin’s makes a delicious chocolate hazelnut butter that is made from actual hazelnuts. (Don’t use Nutella… the first ingredient in Nutella is sugar.)
- If you can’t find chocolate hazelnut butter, feel free to use almond butter or peanut butter!
- To make this extra chocolatey, you can even add a teaspoon of cocoa powder before blending.
Once you have your ingredients ready, just blend until smooth!
You’ll see little specs of the cacao nibs in there! I love the texture they add. If you don’t have any, don’t worry about it but they do add a nice little crunch!
Pour and serve immediately! The shake should be nice and thick!