This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Plant-Based at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
We’ve had a few cooler days here in Richmond and the slight dip in temperature has me craving all sorts of fall-themed foods! The first time I made these Fall Harvest Quinoa Bowls, I knew these would become a staple on our menu. I love the combination of hearty quinoa, crunchy cabbage, roasted sweet potatoes, and crispy chickpeas!
These quinoa bowls are quick and easy but taste like you spent a long time in the kitchen! With creamy, homemade dressing you’d never know this recipe is completely vegan! I’ll give you a few suggestions for substitutions. This recipe is great to meal prep for the week!
I’m partnering with the Plant-Based program at Publix to highlight some of the delicious plant-based ingredients that you can find at your local store! Publix came to Richmond a couple of years ago, and I absolutely love their stores. They have a wonderful selection of plant-based foods and since I’m usually on the hunt for new products, I love browsing their shelves!
For these bowls, I picked up all the ingredients at Publix including Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk, Saffron Road® Chickpeas, and of course all the vegetables!
While there are a few different parts to these bowls, it comes together pretty quickly, and everything reheats well, so this recipe is great to pack for lunch. Just wait to drizzle the dressing until you’re ready to serve it!
Tips for Perfect Fall Harvest Quinoa Bowls
- Dice the sweet potato into small pieces (about ½ inch cubes) so that it cooks quickly on the stovetop. This helps the recipe come together quickly!
- You can make the dressing in advance, if you prefer. I like to make a double batch and enjoy it all week long! (It’s delicious on salads, too!)
- Use Saffron Road Chickpeas are already roasted, which means they don’t require any additional preparation!
Looking for an easy way to prepare quinoa? Try cooking quinoa in a rice cooker!Print
These fall harvest quinoa bowls are full of roasted sweet potatoes, crispy chickpeas, fluffy quinoa, and crunchy cabbage. Topped with a deliciously creamy dressing, these are a tasty vegan meal!
For the Bowls:
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 6oz package Saffron Road Crunchy Chickpeas
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked (see note for quick method)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
For the Bowls:
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add ½ tablespoon of olive oil and diced sweet potato.
- Stir until the sweet potato is evenly coated.
- Cook over medium heat for 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Once quinoa is cooked, divide it into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with diced sweet potato, cabbage, and chickpeas. Drizzle with dressing. (Recipe below)
For the Dressing
- Blend the soaked cashews, 2 tablespoons olive oil, almond milk, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and salt until smooth.
- If the consistency is too thick, add a splash of water to thin.
Cashew Quick Soak Method
- In a microwave safe bowl, bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Use oven mitts to safely remove from the microwave, then add the cashews.
- Cover with a plate and let sit for 5 minutes. This allows the cashews to soften quickly, so they’re easier to blend.
Keywords: fall quinoa bowls
- Swap the sweet potato for roasted cauliflower for a different flavor combination.
- If you want to add some greens to this dish, serve it on a bed of mixed greens or shredded kale, then top with quinoa and the rest of the toppings.
From 9/28/19 – 10/11/19 you can save on select plant-based products at Publix! Visit for a full list of savings offers!