These fall harvest quinoa bowls are full of roasted sweet potatoes, crispy chickpeas, fluffy quinoa, and crunchy cabbage. Topped with a deliciously creamy dressing, these are a tasty vegan meal!
For the Bowls:
- 1 cup Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 3/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 6oz package Saffron Road Crunchy Chickpeas
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked (see note for quick method)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
For the Bowls:
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add ½ tablespoon of olive oil and diced sweet potato.
- Stir until the sweet potato is evenly coated.
- Cook over medium heat for 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Once quinoa is cooked, divide it into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with diced sweet potato, cabbage, and chickpeas. Drizzle with dressing. (Recipe below)
For the Dressing
- Blend the soaked cashews, 2 tablespoons olive oil, almond milk, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and salt until smooth.
- If the consistency is too thick, add a splash of water to thin.
Cashew Quick Soak Method
- In a microwave safe bowl, bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Use oven mitts to safely remove from the microwave, then add the cashews.
- Cover with a plate and let sit for 5 minutes. This allows the cashews to soften quickly, so they’re easier to blend.
Keywords: fall quinoa bowls