Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
This post is sponsored by the Plant-Based promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
Now that Alex and I are working from home every day, I’ve been trying to create some new lunch ideas that don’t take a lot of time to prepare. These Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwiches are a new favorite! Hearty chickpeas, tangy plant-based tzatziki, and plenty of fresh vegetables create an easy and delicious lunch!
Tips for Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
- You can make the chickpea salad up to 3 days in advance. Just wait to top the bread with the chickpea salad until you’re ready to eat, so the bread doesn’t get soggy.
- I like my bread toasted, but feel free to skip that step if you don’t like your bread toasted!
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a small colander and let them sit for a minute or two to dry.
I picked up all of these ingredients at my local Publix during the Plant-Based promotion. They have tons of deals to help you save money while eating healthy! Visit getthesavings.com/plant-based or head to your local Publix to grab the in-store Extra Savings flyer to see a complete list of sales. If you don’t see the Extra Savings flyer in the kiosk at the store’s entrance, make sure to ask customer service for one!
Arnold Organics Bread was 2 for $7, Good Foods tzatziki was $0.75 off, and Mario Organic Olives were 2 for $6! You guys know I love a good deal, and Publix has tons of sales on plant-based foods going on through 11/20! You can look for the at-shelf signs located through the store to see what other savings are being highlighted during the promotion.
Benefits of Chickpeas
Chickpeas are a great source of plant-based protein. They’re full of fiber, meaning this sandwich will keep you full and satisfied! Chickpeas are also rich in magnesium and potassium. They’re one of my favorite pantry staples because they’re healthy, cheap, and versatile! Don’t forget to pick up a few cans while you’re at Publix!Print
These Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwiches are made with plant-based tzatziki and plenty of vegetables for an easy, hearty lunch!
- 4 slices Arnold Organics Bread
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup Good Foods plant-based tzatziki dip
- 2 tablespoons Mario Organics olives, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large romaine lettuce leaf, roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin
- Toast the bread until lightly browned, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chickpeas, tzatziki, olives, and parsley.
- Use a fork to mash the chickpeas. The mixture should be chunky.
- Divide the chickpea mixture between two slices of bread.
- Top with slices of tomato and romaine lettuce, then top with an additional slice of bread.
Keywords: vegan chickpea salad sandwiches
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftover chickpea salad, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. I recommend waiting until you’re ready to eat before making the sandwich, so your bread doesn’t get soggy.
What to Serve with Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
Looking for an easy side dish to round out your meal? Here are a few of my favorite recipes to pair with these sandwiches:
- Everything bagel hummus with carrot sticks or cucumbers
- Spicy chipotle sweet potato fries
- Black bean and corn salad
What’s your favorite type of sandwich to make at home?