These chickpea salad sandwiches are a quick and delicious lunch recipe, packed with plant-based protein!
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons black olives, diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large romaine lettuce leaf, roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin
- Toast the bread until lightly browned, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chickpeas, tzatziki, olives, and parsley.
- Use a fork to mash the chickpeas. The mixture should be chunky.
- Divide the chickpea mixture between two slices of bread.
- Top with slices of tomato and romaine lettuce, then top with an additional slice of bread.
Keywords: vegan chickpea salad sandwiches