I don’t know what kind of magic I stumbled into yesterday but I found fresh blackberries at the grocery store for $1 per 1/2 pint. WHAT. Obviously, I had to stock up and I found myself with heaps of blackberries in the kitchen. This is a lovely problem to have because I’m pretty sure I could eat a few pounds of blackberries on my own without a problem. But instead of just stuffing my cheeks full of berries, I decided to try a little twist on toast. Lately, I’ve been switching up my breakfast and deviating from my usual yogurt parfaits and smoothie bowls. So here’s what I made yesterday.
It’s so simple you barely need a recipe but here you go!
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese (you can get away with part skim)
- Handful of fresh blackberries
- 1 tsp honey
- Fresh basil or mint (optional)
- Toast your bread until it's lightly browned (or however you prefer your toast)
- Then simply spread the ricotta, top with blackberries, drizzle with honey, and add a little basil or mint if you like.
Breakfast is served!
In the mood for more toast? Try this almond butter and peach combo!
Next up on my list of things to do with these blackberries? Single serving cheesecake. Wish me luck!