Blackberry Ricotta Toast
Creamy ricotta and tart blackberries will have you craving this toast morning after morning! It’s an easy breakfast recipe with plenty of protein to keep you satisfied all morning, and it only takes a few minutes to make!
I don’t know what kind of magic I stumbled into yesterday but I found fresh blackberries at the grocery store for $1 per 1/2 pint. WHAT. Obviously, I had to stock up and I found myself with heaps of blackberries in the kitchen. This is a lovely problem to have because I’m pretty sure I could eat a few pounds of blackberries on my own without a problem. But instead of just stuffing my cheeks full of berries, I decided to try a little twist on toast. Lately, I’ve been switching up my breakfast and deviating from my usual yogurt parfaits and smoothie bowls. So here’s what I made yesterday.
Tips for Blackberry Ricotta Toast
- Do not make this toast in advance, or the bread will start to get soggy. It’s best served immediately.
- I prefer whole milk ricotta because it’s extra creamy, but you can use part-skim ricotta if you prefer.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt to amplify the combination of flavors.
It’s so simple you barely need a recipe but here you go!Print
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Handful of fresh blackberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Fresh basil or mint (optional)
- Toast your bread until it’s lightly browned (or however you prefer your toast)
- Then simply spread the ricotta, top with blackberries, drizzle with honey, a pinch of salt and add a little basil or mint if you like.
Keywords: blackberry ricotta toast
Breakfast is served!
In the mood for more toast? Try this almond butter and peach combo!