Baked Greek Pasta
This pasta bake recipe is filled with tomatoes, green peppers, red onion, feta cheese, and plenty of Greek flavors. This vegetarian meal is easy to assemble so you can get dinner in the oven in no time!
I love this recipe because you can chop your veggies while the pasta cooks and then everything is ready to go in the oven! It’s a great way to sneak extra veggies into your meal and this recipe filled with my favorite Greek flavors!
How to Make Baked Greek Pasta
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. While the pasta cooks, chop your vegetables.
Add the cooked pasta, vegetables, seasoning, marinara sauce, and feta into a 9×13 inch pan.
Sprinkle with mozzarella. I prefer using fresh mozzarella, tearing it into pieces, and scattering on top. You can use shredded mozzarella if you prefer.
Bake until the cheese is melted and the vegetables are tender.
The Best Pasta for Baked Greek Pasta
I like using cavatappi noodles which are easy to toss with vegetables and sauce. I recommend shorter pasta shapes like ziti, rigatoni, or penne. The smaller shapes are also easy for little ones to enjoy. But you can use any shape you like.
- If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, you can use any gluten-free noodle. I like using chickpea pasta for extra protein!
- You can use any color bell pepper you have on hand. You can also swap in any type of onion, although I like the mild flavors of red onion.
- I prefer fresh mozzarella cheese but you can use shredded mozzarella if you like.
This Greek pasta bake is filled with tomatoes, green peppers, red onion, feta cheese, and plenty of mozzarella. This vegetarian meal is easy to assemble so you can get dinner in the oven in no time!
- 16 oz pasta (cavatappi, ziti, or penne)
- 2/3 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomato, bell pepper, onion, garlic powder, oregano, olive oil, marinara sauce, and feta.
- Spread into a 9×13 pan and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and vegetables have softened.
Keywords: Greek Pasta Bake
Side Dish Ideas
If you’re looking for some delicious side dishes to serve with this Greek Pasta Bake, here are a few tasty ideas!
This spicy kale salad is filled with flavors that will pair perfectly with your baked pasta!
This Modern Greek Salad is a copycat recipe of the salad from Panera Bread and it’s a great wya to use up leftover feta cheese!
If you can’t get enough feta, be sure to try my baked feta recipe!