This tzatziki sauce recipe is easy, creamy, and healthy! Use it as a spread on sandwiches or a dip with veggies or crackers!
First of all, I love hummus. I’ll never pass on a bowl of delicious garlickly hummus, dunking in carrots, bell pepper, or slices of warm pita. But sometimes I like to switch it up and go for tzatziki instead. While chickpeas are great, tzatziki has a nice dose of protein in there thanks to the Greek yogurt. For being a creamy and delicious sauce, it’s surprisingly healthy! I’ve made this tzatziki sauce recipe quite a few times, typically as a topping for something like this easy falafel recipe.
But I realized that I’d never shared the tzatziki sauce recipe with you! So here’s the recipe!
- 1 small cucumber (about 8" long)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use 0% fat but 2% fat is delicious, too!)
- ¼ olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh dill or 1 tbsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp salt
- Wash and peel your cucumber.
- Slice it length wise and scoop out the seeds.
- Using a box grater, grate the cucumber into a bowl.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt and olive oil.
- Juice the lemon right into the bowl. (Watch out for seeds!)
- Stir in the dill and salt.
- Serve it up!
I love dipping cucumber slices, pita chips, or cherry tomatoes into this sauce. It’s seriously so addicting I could eat it with a spoon!
It’s versatile and it can be stored in the fridge for a few days so you can easily whip it up the day before a party! You could even use it as a salad dressing!
Creamy, dreamy, protein packed tzatziki! This is the perfect healthy dip!