I’m so excited to share this recipe with you because I seriously can’t stop eating it. As much as I love love love my carbs (pass me the crackers please) I like finding easy & delicious ways to incorporate more fat and protein into my diet. While I love topping my yogurt with something sweet and crunchy, traditional granola doesn’t always keep me full. This granola is loaded with healthy fats and protein so it’ll keep you satisfied. It’s also super easy to make. Bonus.
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp brown rice syrup (or agave, or coconut sugar, if paleo)
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- In a small bowl, melt the coconut oil in the microwave. (If it's already melted, you can skip this step!)
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine the coconut and almonds.
- Drizzle with coconut oil mixture, and stir to coat.
- Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Spread out the granola in a single layer or leave it a little chunky if you like clumps in your granola.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the coconut begins to brown.
- Let it cool and store in an air tight container.
I’m trying to clean up my eats this week since Thanksgiving (well, let’s be honest, the week) involved quite a few cookies & glasses of wine. This granola will be making an appearance on my morning yogurt! Nothing like a delicious recipe to jump back on the healthy bandwagon!
What’s the best thing you ate over the weekend?
Linking up with healthy vegan friday.