This grain free walnut granola is sweet, crunchy, and full of healthy fats & protein. It’s gluten free, vegan, and easy to make!
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice (see note)
- 2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300
- In a small bowl, combine all nuts and stir to mix.
- If your coconut oil isn’t already melted (mine was) just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds until it becomes a liquid.
- Stir in the coconut oil, maple syrup, and chia seeds.
- Make sure all the nuts are coated with the oil and syrup.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with foil. I kept it in a fairly thick layer, so it would be a little clumpier. If you spread it out in a thinner layer, it won’t be as clumpy but it’ll cook a little faster.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 7 minutes.
For a lower carb/keto option, substitute monkfruit or stevia in place of the maple syrup.
Keywords: Grain Free Granola