This vegetarian enchilada soup is a combination of spicy flavors and a creamy texture that’s loaded with black beans and vegetables for an enticing meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 (15oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 4 oz cream cheese
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the broth, enchilada sauce, corn, tomatoes, and black beans.
- Turn heat to medium-high and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, then add cream cheese.
- Stir until combined. Keep on a low heat until ready to serve.
Keywords: vegetarian enchilada soup