Vegan Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
Indulge in a warm and gooey vegan deep dish chocolate chip cookie that’s perfect for one! This easy recipe combines a classic cookie recipe with a rich, deep-dish texture. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this vegan dessert that’s ready in just 15 minutes.
I had trouble deciding what to name this recipe because it’s a vegan, single-serving, deep dish chocolate chip cookie, but that’s a bit of a mouthful! The point is that this is the perfect dessert when you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to make a whole batch of cookies. You can have this little cookie in the oven in just a minute or two!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Vegan butter: I’ve tested this with Earth Balance buttery spread and Trader Joe’s vegan butter. You can use regular butter, if you’re not vegan.
- Brown sugar: This flavor and moisture to the dough, and helps to create a soft and chewy texture.
- White sugar: This adds sweetness to the cookies.
- Vanilla extract: This is necessary for a classic chocolate chip cookie flavor.
- Baking soda: This leavening agent helps the cookie to rise and become fluffy.
- Salt: Just a pinch enhances the flavor of the other ingredients and balances out the sweetness.
- All-purpose flour: provides structure and texture to the cookie. I have not tested this with gluten free flour.
- Chocolate chips: You can use mini chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips, just be sure they’re dairy free if you want to keep this vegan.
Tips for the Perfect Vegan Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
- I like using mini chocolate chips, so you get a little bit of chocolate in every bite! But you can use any chips you have on hand.
- To keep this vegan, I used Earth Balance buttery spread but you can use any butter or butter substitute you like.
- Be sure to spray the ramekin before adding the dough, so your cookie doesn’t stick to the cup!
More Dessert Recipes
If you’re looking for more individual dessert recipes, try my single serving pumpkin chocolate chip cookie or single serving banana bread. If mini desserts are more your thing, try my mini raspberry trifles.Print
This Vegan Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie is the perfect single-serving dessert. Studded with plenty of chocolate chips, this dessert will satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (see note)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the inside of a 4″ ramekin with non-stick spray.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir until there are no lumps.
- Stir in the baking soda, salt, and flour until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and press the top of the dough to create an even layer in the ramekin.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool slightly before enjoying.
I’ve tested this recipe with Earth Balance buttery spread and Trader Joe’s vegan butter and both were delicious!
Keywords: Vegan Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
I tried to let mine cool for a couple of minutes but it was really hard not to dig right in.
Just look at that chocolate chip deliciousness. Good thing this recipe is a single serving!