This vegan, single-serving banana bread recipe is ready in just 5 minutes! Whip up your ingredients and pop them in the microwave for a quick and delicious snack!
Yesterday afternoon, Alex tried to throw away a banana. It looked pretty brown, but I quickly snatched it out of his hands since it was the perfect baking banana. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a lot of other bananas so I figured I’d have to try a single serving option.
I wanted to give you a simple recipe without lots of fancy flours, eggs, or protein powders. Just ooey, gooey, banana bread. It also decided to make it in the microwave because sometimes you need it now.
How to Make Single Serving Banana Bread
In a small bowl, mash the banana with brown sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips, and stir until just combined.
Mix all ingredients into a large greased ramekin. The banana bread will expand in the microwave, so I highly recommend using a large enough ramekin that the batter only reaches halfway up the sides before microwaving.
Microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes if you light it ooey-gooey, or 2 1/2-3min if you like it more done.
You can have warm banana bread in just minutes with this vegan single serving recipe!
- 1/2 very ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small bowl, mash your banana.
- Combine with brown sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips, and stir until just combined. (Do not over mix!)
- Add into your greased ramekin. Make sure that it is only about half full since the bread will rise.
- Microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes if you light it ooey-gooey, or 2 1/2-3min if you like it more done.
This will expand in the microwave so be sure to use a larger ramekin. The batter should only fill half of the ramekin.
Keywords: single serving banana bread
Banana bread in 5 minutes? Yes, please. I’ll certainly be making this again soon.
If you love single serving recipes, try this single serving deep dish chocolate chip cookie, which looks oddly similar to this banana bread! (What can I say… I love chocolate chips.)