Red Lobster Biscuit Recipe
I think I’ve only been to Red Lobster twice in my life. The last time was probably in… 2004? I honestly can’t remember. But what I can remember is those pillows of cheddar goodness. When I was in high school, I found a Red Lobster Biscuit Recipe that was pretty good but I can’t remember exactly what it was and I’m pretty sure it used Bisquick. I don’t have anything against Bisquick, I just don’t usually have it on hand.
Anyways. I was searching Pinterest for some ideas for our fall-themed cooking club and when I saw a biscuit recipe, the lightbulb came on. While these might not be the healthiest side dish on the block, who can turn down a cheddar biscuit? I went rogue and came up with my own recipe since all the ones I could find online used pre-made biscuits or Bisquick. I was really excited about how these turned out!Print
Red Lobster Biscuit Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 12 biscuits 1x
- Category: Biscuit
- Cuisine: Red Lobster
This copycat Red Lobster Biscuit Recipe will give you the perfect cheddar bay biscuit!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small dish, combine the whole milk and the vinegar and set aside.
- Start by mixing the flour and cornstarch in a large bowl until well combined.
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, & garlic powder.
- Using your hands, work in the butter. It should be somewhat soft. You can knead it until the mixture because sort of a crumbly, sticky combination.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Last, mix in the milk. At this point, the batter will be pretty sticky and thick.
- Scoop in 1/4 cup mounds onto your baking sheet.
- While those are in the oven. Melt the last 4 tablespoons of butter and combine with the garlic powder and parsley. Set aside.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the butter + garlic mixture.
- Pop them back in the oven for 6 minutes until just beginning to brown.
I brought a plate of these to last night’s cooking club dinner and I think they were a hit! I probably should have made a bigger batch, because I’m sure Alex wouldn’t have minded me bringing home leftovers!
They were best right out of the oven, but they were pretty good at room temperature as well.
In other news, the inspection for the house is tomorrow so we’re praying that goes smoothly. I’ve been pinning like a mad woman and I just want to move in and make the house a home! You can see some of my favorites on my I Heart Homemaking pin board.
Have you ever had a cheddar biscuit?
Those even LOOK like the biscuits they have there! My mom loves it there, so on the rare occasion I join her, I basically get a simple salad + my body weight in biscuits. Mmmm.
I haven’t been there in forever either, but I haven’t forgotten the biscuits. Yummy!!
i HEART cheddar bisquits from Red Lobster (this post reminded me I haven’t been there in forever!)…must try this recipe soon!
Are you one of those people who gets up before everyone else and just bakes something special for everyone? If so, you’re hired!
These biscuits look scrumptious and I can imagine dipping them in milk. 🙂
Hahaha yes! I love doing things like that! The kitchen is my happy place 🙂
I can’t remember the last time I went to Red Lobster, but man, do I remember those biscuits! Yummy. Thanks for sharing!
Oh, you are speaking straight to my heart this morning! I’m not a Red Lobster fan, but those biscuits are so worth the trip! I remember when I was little I would eat them with applesauce because I was a weird child.
Hahaha weirdly enough, my dad likes cheddar cheese on his apple pie… which I guess is similar? Maybe it’s the sweet and salty combo?
OMG you just made my morning with this recipe! I LOVE cheddar bay biscuits but truthfully I’m not really the biggest Red Lobster fan. I’d go just to eat the biscuits though! 🙂
Oh liz, this is dangerous! These are like crack for me and steve! I am not sure I will be able to stop eating them. I hope you brought these to our linkup, if not NOW! Pinning right now!
Oh man, it’s been yeeears since I went to Red Lobster, but those biscuits are the bomb!
You’ve just become my best friend with sharing this recipe. I’m pratically in love with Red Lobsters fluffy & flavorable biscuits.