One Pot Spaghetti and “Meatballs”
This post is sponsored by Farm Rich. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love!
This one-pot recipe is made with whole wheat pasta and meatless “meatballs” for a vegetarian main dish that is loaded with flavor and packed with protein!
If you’re like me, you love recipes that require minimal prep and clean up. Even though I enjoy cooking, I typically don’t want to spend the whole evening in the kitchen. That’s why this one-pot recipe for Spaghetti & Meatless Meatballs is perfect for busy days. This dish requires almost no preparation and it’s ready in about 30 minutes from start to finish!
For this recipe, I used the new Garden Inspirations by Farm Rich Meatless Meatballs. They’re a blend of soy and pea protein with plenty of spices to give them a delicious flavor. One serving contains 12g of plant-based protein, which means this dinner will keep you satisfied! Now that we have a 9-year-old foster son, I’ve been adding more “meat substitutes” into our dinner routine. He says he can’t taste the difference! You can find these Meatless Meatballs in the in the Meatless or Meat Alternative freezer section at select Kroger stores, near the regular meatballs. You can also order them on Instacart.
Tips for Perfect One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Do not thaw the meatballs before adding them to the pot. This helps prevent them from being overcooked by the time the pasta is done.
- You may need to cook your pasta a little shorter or longer depending on the brand and thickness you use.
- The parmesan cheese is totally optional, so if you want to keep this recipe cheese free, just skip it!
- If you’re watching your sodium, be sure to use low sodium vegetable broth and a no-salt-added Italian Seasoning blend.
- For a gluten-free pasta option, try using chickpea-based pasta! The cook time may be slightly reduced, depending on the pasta shape.
- 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (20oz) package of Garden Inspirations by Farm Rich Meatless Meatballs
- 16oz package of whole wheat spaghetti
- Add the pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, water, seasoning, and frozen meatballs to a large pot and cook over medium-high heat.
- Once the sauce mixture is simmering, add the pasta and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook for 5-8 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
Keywords: One pot spaghetti and meatballs
Side Dish Ideas
- Try serving this dish with a simple Italian chopped salad! It’s easy to make and it’s a delicious way to add extra vegetables to this meal.
- You could also make this 5 ingredient olive oil bread and add a little garlic butter for a simple garlic bread!
- If you have picky eaters, give these green bean fries a try! They’re a tasty way to get little ones to eat their veggies.