This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Silk®. All opinions are mine alone. #NourishYourNewYear
Happy holidays, friends! With the new year upon us, I know a lot of you are looking for ways to add more plant-based recipes into your routine. These vegan lemon poppy seed muffins are a great place to start!
I’ve been a vegetarian for 13 years, but lately, I’ve been trying to lean more plant-based with my eating. While I haven’t cut out dairy completely, I’ve been trying to swap in non-dairy products when I can. That’s why I’m so excited to partner with Silk®
To learn more about Silk® Almond Yogurt Alternative
How to Make Vegan Poppy Seed Muffins
If you’re looking for an easy breakfast addition that you can grab on your way out the door, these lemon poppy seed muffins are the answer. They’re soft and fluffy, studded with plenty of poppy seeds, and packed with lemon flavor. Instead of eggs, we’re using chia seeds, and instead of lots of butter and oil, we’re using Silk® Almond Yogurt Alternative
How to Make a Chia Seed Egg
To keep this recipe vegan, we use chia seed “eggs” instead of traditional eggs. Don’t worry, it’s super easy!
To make chia eggs for this recipe, combine 2 tablespoons of chia seeds with 6 tablespoons of water. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it forms a gel. Stir in the chia egg with the liquid ingredients, as noted below.
Make a batch of these muffins and enjoy a breakfast addition all week long!
These vegan lemon poppy seed muffins are a delicious breakfast addition! Make a batch of these at the start of the week and enjoy a tasty snack when you need it!
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds + 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 container Silk® Almond Yogurt Alternative
- 2 tablespoons Silk®
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small dish, combine the chia seeds and water and set aside. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Combine the melted coconut oil and sugar until combined.
- Add the Silk® Almond Yogurt Alternative
, Silk® Almondmilk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Once the chia seed mixture has thickened, stir in the chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just mixed. Do not over mix. Once you don’t see any large streaks of flour, stop mixing!
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔ of the way full. It should make 10-12 muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown on the edges
Keywords: vegan lemon poppy seed muffins
Looking to start the new year off right? Take the Silk®
Looking for other vegan muffin recipes? Here are a few of my favorites!
What are your goals for 2020?