These vegan lemon poppy seed muffins are a delicious breakfast addition! Make a batch of these at the start of the week and enjoy a tasty snack when you need it!
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds + 6 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup vegan yogurt (see note)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small dish, combine the chia seeds and water and set aside. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Combine the melted coconut oil and sugar until combined.
- Add the Silk® Almond Yogurt Alternative, Silk® Almondmilk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Once the chia seed mixture has thickened, stir in the chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just mixed. Do not over mix. Once you don’t see any large streaks of flour, stop mixing!
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔ of the way full. It should make 10-12 muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown on the edges
I recommend using Silk’s Almond Milk yogurt for this recipe, but any vegan yogurt will do!
Keywords: vegan lemon poppy seed muffins